Need a TPS recommendation

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

boxerdave
MS/Extra Newbie

Need a TPS recommendation

Post by boxerdave »

Hi Getting my MS2 project together. Any suggestions as to a quality TPS with CCW rotation (facing the TPS where the 1/2 moon shaft enters)? I would prefer OEM Thanks
R100RT
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Need a TPS recommendation

Post by R100RT »

My approach (not entirely the most scientific) is to cruise the local auto recycler yard (preferably when its not raining) and check out masses of different engine arrangements till I find one that matches what I need. You can take them home for a song and are often good enough to use for testing and set up (and even on the project), or using the vehicle info it came from buy a new one at the parts store.
1983 BMW R100RT Motorbike
Turbocharged - Water/Meth
Sequential Ignition & Fuel
"Perky Sleeper" that excites bike enthusiasts once discovered (or being passed)
Newest project - 1995 BMW K75 is V3 Microsquirt, "Turbocharger - Of Course"
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

boxerdave wrote:Hi Getting my MS2 project together. Any suggestions as to a quality TPS with CCW rotation (facing the TPS where the 1/2 moon shaft enters)? I would prefer OEM Thanks
Might help to state the engine, etc, it has to fit. As others may have solved this already.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
boxerdave
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by boxerdave »

Good point Dave. It's for an 86 Porsche 911 3.2 There is currently a Bosch throttle switch that is throttle closed or wide open positions only. No problem in adapting something to fit the D shaft, it just has to be counter clockwise rotation. Thanks
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

I'm not sure the rotation actually matters. Some do have a spring, but this is just to take up any slack, and probably wouldn't effect the operation of the throttle, as it is pretty weak. Electrically, you'd simply reverse the track end connections.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
boxerdave
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by boxerdave »

Thanks Dave I hadn't considered the simplicity of reversing the leads, an easy fix to what I have "in stock" from junkyard prowls. Good to go!