GSXR 600 turbocharged e98

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

turbojim
MS/Extra Newbie

GSXR 600 turbocharged e98

Post by turbojim »

I am a newbie someone have been playing here for several years but not gotten this far... I am trying to find basic maps for a four-wheeler we're putting together it has a GSXR 600 motor from 2003 running turbocharger and methanol around 7 or 8 lb of boost if anybody knows of a good start-up map we can work with that would be greatly appreciated... This is a dirt drag machine it has two throttle settings basically idle and full throttle due to the check conditions it pretty much spins the tires from start to finish
LAV1000
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: GSXR 600 turbocharged e98

Post by LAV1000 »

Cant help you whit the settings.
But start reading the manual, link is at the top.

Also a lot of information on how to set up and start tuning.
So grap a beer or coffee what ever suites you and start reading.

If you stil have questions, i know for sure you wil.
Start asking.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: GSXR 600 turbocharged e98

Post by billr »

In the course of baby-sitting my son's '00 GSX-R750 I have noticed that the service manual has curves for both fuel and spark; the manual for the stock bike may be a good place to start. Those curves are not at all smooth, there must be several distinct resonance peaks for the VE. And, they are not the same for all cylinders. Fuel has a different set of curves for each cylinder and spark has two sets with two "pairs" of cylinders. Unfortunately, the curves in the manual only show the curve shape, not definitive numbers like rpm vs. spark advance degrees. What those stock curves do show to me is that considerable happy hours must have been spent on a dyno...