injectors for 2 stroke ok to use on 4 stroke?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

chaim79
MS/Extra Newbie

injectors for 2 stroke ok to use on 4 stroke?

Post by chaim79 »

I am looking at using the TBI's from Arctic cat snowmobile (either 580cc or 600cc) for a 4 stroke 700cc motorcycle.

Does anyone know if those injectors will work/not work with regular gas?

Also do you guys think that a 580cc or a 600cc TB for 2 stroke will have enough volume for a 700cc 4 stroke? I think that they will (fire event every other rev vs fire event every rev)

Let me know what you think.
Erik of Ekedahl
Erik was beginning to behave strangely, or rather not actually beginning to behave strangely but beginning to behave in a way which was strangely different from the other strange ways in which he more regularly behaved.
TT350chevelle
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by TT350chevelle »

Just to add to this, I'm %99 sure that any sled that is new enough to use fuel injection will also use oil injection and the injectors will not be injecting an oil/fuel mix.

Brad J.
chaim79
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by chaim79 »

lance wrote:Erik,

The best way to compare the throttle body is to look at the horsepower it supports. If it supports 80 HP on a 2 stroke, it should do the same on a 4 stroke.
Lance.
Dang... the TBs are list for: 2-stroke snowmobile, parallel twin 600cc, 105hp

What I got ('84 virago 700) 4-stroke, v-twin 700cc, 50hp

I guess they be Way to big....
Erik was beginning to behave strangely, or rather not actually beginning to behave strangely but beginning to behave in a way which was strangely different from the other strange ways in which he more regularly behaved.