CNG NGV Natural Gas with MeqaSquirt

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Grant MacDonald
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Grant MacDonald »

I am also interested in using gaseous injection (but with LPG). I understand that the system is much less complicated then injecting LPG in it's compressed state, but I'm still finding it hard to get individual components (as opposed to a full system because I can use MS to control it). As far as I understand if you are injecting it as a gas it doesn't need any additional coding because the density doesn't change unlike LPG. I know there was a big thread on it, but that was for injecting LPG and didn't really cover gaseous injection. I guess this doesn't really help the original poster, but I'm definately on the hunt for info myself.
Grant
tony2ltr
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by tony2ltr »

Well, I'll put my third cent in. I am about to try CNG injection on my VW diesel, and may try it on my Cosworth Vega. I am trying to understand how thier flows are rated.
Tony
Anthony R
75 Cosworth Vega turbo (MSII with EDIS)
91 Toyota Pickup, Auto(modified valve body), 22re 4cyl, 11:1 comp, cam, header, Fuel and VAST ignitor with o29y3
1968 Electric Subaru Sambar 360 VAN
'92 Biodiesel Jetta
tony2ltr
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by tony2ltr »

I think part of the problem, is that once lpg is compressed to as little as 50 psi, it remains a liquid at ambient temperature. What I have found, is that the proper way is to inject it as a liquid, above 50 psi, this way, it is similar to gasoline, but without needing the additional enrichments(TPS based Asynchronous for acceleration) This way though, you actually need a fuel pump, or air pump to pressurize the system.
Anthony R
75 Cosworth Vega turbo (MSII with EDIS)
91 Toyota Pickup, Auto(modified valve body), 22re 4cyl, 11:1 comp, cam, header, Fuel and VAST ignitor with o29y3
1968 Electric Subaru Sambar 360 VAN
'92 Biodiesel Jetta