too much fuel

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

v8ranger
Helpful MS/Extra'er

to much fuel

Post by v8ranger »

I have my engine sitting in the fame and no cab or bed on my truck.I'm painting cab and bed and its easyer to mock up exhaust and fuel,suspension. Now to my question I have a soupted up 302(1971block) engine with 5.0(liter) fuel injection intake, #19 pound injectors and megasquirt running them.Now I had it running good untill the frame and engine tipped over on the jack stands(I was putting rear leafsprings on). Now it won't start so Ipulled one of the pugs and they are gas sooked.the gas just shoots out of the injectors . Can any one help me out.I was messing with warm up and ve table too.
v8ranger
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by v8ranger »

OK all go look and get back to u
v8ranger
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by v8ranger »

well my return line is working.or i think it is it has a small stream of gas come when fuel pump turns on when MS turns on.
v8ranger
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by v8ranger »

yes I have 4psi on my return line. All 8 of my spark plugs are gas soaked . U can pull one out and the gas just drips off. Can my injectors be broke and let the gas flow out instead of spary out the tip?I have a high volume fuel pump in the tank
Jack
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Jack »

Replace the plugs. Sometimes gas soaked plugs won't fire well enough under compression to ignite the charge, even if they do spark fine when they are laying on a fender.

Jack
Good judgment comes from experience.
And where does experience come from?
Experience comes from bad judgment.
. . . . . . . Mark Twain
v8ranger
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by v8ranger »

I will replace the plugs sometime this week .But I still have my problem I started with.
v8ranger
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by v8ranger »

Well its been awhile and i been reading the forms and i found one that deals with my problem.DarkRaptor42's driff car did the same thing as my truck,Injectors staying open and flooding the cylinders with gas.So I took my MS apart and one of the legs on the FET was not soldered down.I took care of that and Put it back on.Now my fuel pump doesn't run.I hooked it up direct to battery and it works.So i no it runs.What componanes are in the fuel circuit so i can replace them all and or can I use my meter to find the bad part(s)?When is the 3v board coming out or is it out now?
v8ranger
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by v8ranger »

Were do I get FETs from digikey or locally.