TPS 23-95% Range

Questions specific to Megatune. (Only about the tuning software, not about MS1/MS2 code or code features)
Note that Megatune is obsolete.
Mad Professor
Experienced MS/Extra'er

TPS 23-95% Range

Post by Mad Professor »

Hi All.

Both with MegaTune & MegaTunix I only get my TP from 23% Closed to 95% Open.

In MT it have done "Calibrate TPS" Meny times.

Some times in megatune after Calibrating TPS and a few restarts of the PC and or MegaSquirt I can get a 0-100% TPS, But later on it then go's back to 23-95% TP range.

I have looked at MegaTunix.
Thottle Closed
23.53 %
60 ADC
1.18v

Thottle Open
95.69 %
244 ADC
4.78v

This only bugs the hell out of me because all my data logs so me at 23% TP when closed.

Any ideas?
Fastest95PGT
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Fastest95PGT »

I had a similar issue on a 20V 4AGE I was working on recently. It turned out that there was a slight solder bridge between the TPS input signal and the O2 pin next to it on the DB37.

If you have a stim, I would suggest looking at the realtime display and turning the TPS pot. Do any other values change at the same time? Also, turn the other pots and see if they affect the TPS signal either. No other pots should affect the TPS reading. If they do, you could have a solder bridge somewhere.

If you don't have a stim, you could do a similar the same way with your throttle pedal.

Side note, your upper level ADC being 244 is very high. Can you rotate it to lower it down some? Not sure if this could be an issue as well.
1995 Ford Probe GT ~ Megasquirted & Boosted
275whp/242wtq @ 5.5psi ---- 317whp/287wtq @ 8.5psi
^^^ (thanks to MSnS-E and dyno tuning by me!)
2003 GSX1300R (Hayabusa)