Problem with 2.25 p3

Questions specific to Megatune. (Only about the tuning software, not about MS1/MS2 code or code features)
Note that Megatune is obsolete.
fatbaldbloke
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Problem with 2.25 p3

Post by fatbaldbloke »

I'm running MS1 Extra version 29v. I messed up the Megatune I downloaded about this time last year and downloaded the latest 2.25 p3. When I connect up to the ECU I get a message that Megatune is v29v1 and ECU is MSnS Extra v29q, which doesn't make sense. Then if I do a datalog the TPS values are wrong although the values that are showing live in Megatune dashboard are correct. Completely confused.
Let me add a bit more about the datalogging because I don't understand that either. When I datalogged with the older version of Megatune the tps values came out as 0 to 100, i.e. percentage points between idle and full throttle. Now, the meagtune dashboard at idle shows the TP ADC as 57, which is correct, but the datalog is showing TP at idle as 17% not 0 ??? Would this happen if I hadn't calibrated the TPS in the new version of Megatune - would it be calibrating between 0 and 255 as a default maybe?

Here's the errors in the audit log:

C:\Program Files\MegaSquirt\Car1\maps\map60.msq:Open
WARNING(01): Signatures don't match.
Found in msq "MSnS-extra format 029q *********"
Expected from ini "MS1/Extra format 029y3 *********"

WARNING(04): Constant "tpsBins1" units mismatch, "TPS" in msq, expected "TPS ADC" from ini.
WARNING(04): Constant "tpsBins2" units mismatch, "TPS" in msq, expected "TPS ADC" from ini.
WARNING(04): Constant "tpsBins3" units mismatch, "TPS" in msq, expected "TPS ADC" from ini.
WARNING(06): Constant named "latency" remains unaltered.

Added info, the following morning: Having slept on it I don't think it's too big an issue - the 29q warning is taken from some header text in the xml file for the 29v version for some reason. The units mismatch is a bit odd, the fuel and ignition tables in the msq are all in TPS ADC values and it all works just fine. Where are tpsBins1,2 and 3, what do they do and where can I get at them?

I suspect the datalogging problem is down to not importing the TPS calibratio values before taking the log - I'll prove that one out shortly.
fatbaldbloke
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Problem with 2.25 p3

Post by fatbaldbloke »

Pretty much sorted - datalogging was simply not having calibrated the tps. The other errors it seemed to live with OK. I datalogged, tweaked and reloaded, so no problems really other than the message.