Megatune usb-serial adapter and windows vista

Questions specific to Megatune. (Only about the tuning software, not about MS1/MS2 code or code features)
Note that Megatune is obsolete.
Lason
MS/Extra Newbie

Megatune usb-serial adapter and windows vista

Post by Lason »

OK I picked up a new laptop because my old one was REALLY outdated and didnt have the 32 megs of RAM to run Megalogviewer. Its has Vista on it with no serial ports so I ordered a USB-Serial adapter from DIYAutotune.com and just tried it out with the stim plugged in and nothing. Loopback test comes out ok though so I know the adapter is working. I can plug my old laptop in and it connects fine.

MS2 V3 board
Megatune 2.25
MS2-Extra firmware (2.88 I think)

Checked the usb-serial port settings and have baud rate of 115200 and set to COM2 on both the laptop and Megatune. Also checked the configurator and it is set correctly per the MS2-Extra manual.

Im sorry if this has already been asked but I have been searching with no solutions.
1973 Datsun 240Z
LS1 on E85
S480 Turbo
Super victor intake
Wilson elbow/90mm throttle body
160lbs injectors

MS2-Extra 2.01 on 3.0 pcb
Lason
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Megatune usb-serial adapter and windows vista

Post by Lason »

Well I finally got it working. Im guessing the firmware version wasnt matching what was in megatune. I ended up just copying the whole folder on the old laptop and pasting it into the new laptop through my wireless network and it worked. The whole firmware versions thing screws me up everytime.
1973 Datsun 240Z
LS1 on E85
S480 Turbo
Super victor intake
Wilson elbow/90mm throttle body
160lbs injectors

MS2-Extra 2.01 on 3.0 pcb