Map Creation

Questions specific to Megatune. (Only about the tuning software, not about MS1/MS2 code or code features)
Note that Megatune is obsolete.
john.p.clegg
Running MSx/Extra

Map Creation

Post by john.p.clegg »

Dear All
Yes,I am stupid,but how do you create a new VE map for fuel,have found the tool that is supposed to do it in the MS manual,(entered all the figures) but I don't get a pop-up,

Have looked under tools (as in the MSextra manual ) and all I have is Table editor,Dump and review,the best I have got is in the table editor putting the dot in the DEC radio button....

John

Ms extra o29y3
woh
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Map Creation

Post by woh »

Bring up the VE table.
On the table there is a Tools menu from there go to VE specific > Generate Table
john.p.clegg
Running MSx/Extra

Post by john.p.clegg »

Werner
Many thanks,getting late now,will give it a try in the morning..

Thanks

John :)
john.p.clegg
Running MSx/Extra

Post by john.p.clegg »

Werner

You were right,silly me looking under tools on the main screen,it's under tools on the VE screen,so have made the map and given it a try,seems as though the figures are double what I need,have had to half my Req Fuel to get the mixture anything like Lambda at warm tickover ....this can't be anything to do with No. of squirts or alternating can it?

Have re-calculated my req fuel and it comes out at 14.4 but with these generated numbers lambda at tickover requires a Req Fuel of approx 8....

Where have I gone wrong??

Thanks
John :(
mike_robert
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by mike_robert »

John, the numbers are all relative; all that matters is the final fueling calc result. You actually want larger numbers in your VE table as this will give you more granularity and allow you to adjust the fueling in smaller steps. Also, very few engines like stoich at tickover - most want to be a bit rich.
john.p.clegg
Running MSx/Extra

Post by john.p.clegg »

Mike
Yes,I realise that, but it seems my fuel map/Req Fuel figure is giving me mixtures twice as rich as they should be (enrichments turned off-revving slowly over a limited range).....but at least it starts better and have no problems with the ASE and Warmup...

John :)