Megatune stops working when the engine is running

Questions specific to Megatune. (Only about the tuning software, not about MS1/MS2 code or code features)
Note that Megatune is obsolete.
jammy86
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Megatune stops working when the engine is running

Post by jammy86 »

Hey all,

I'm using a MS1v3 ECU and have it connected to my laptop using a USB-serial connector that uses the prolific 2303x chipset.

When I connect my ECU and dont start the car it all works fine no matter how many times i change stuff or turn the ECU on or off. But when the engine is running it will communicate with the PC for some time (typically 1-2mins) then all the guages go blank. Some times if I turn off Megatune, take the USB out and back in, then restart Megatune it will start working again untill the problem happens again. Some times I've got the reset the computer. Sometimes i've got to reset the computer and ECU.

Can anyone offer any advice? I've got a second laptop with a serial port in it that I'll try tomorrow.

Cheers
JAmes.
kritip
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Megatune stops working when the engine is running

Post by kritip »

its to do with the adapter. I read good things about that chipset, but i struggled to get it to work reliably.

I now run the same chipset, but in an exprescard format, and it works lovely :?

Sure there must just be some config or driver problem, but i never figured it out.

Kristian
Constantly evolving;
4 cylinder n/a, 16v 1368cc Fiat Seicento