Megatune reading problem

Questions specific to Megatune. (Only about the tuning software, not about MS1/MS2 code or code features)
Note that Megatune is obsolete.
hari
MS/Extra Newbie

Megatune reading problem

Post by hari »

Hey guys,

My fren just completed his wiring on a Mercedes BenZ W123 230E with megasquirt , complete with EDIS system. Everything seems to be fine, the car is running well. Our supplier loaded the setting into the ECU when we purchased it.

We are using a USB to RS232 converter cable to connect with the computer(MS Windows XP). The software detects the ECU using com port 5 with baud rate 9600. However, the readings seems to go haywire. The needles are jumping all over the place. I really cant find a solution to this. Hope u guys can help me out.

btw, we are using MS2 for our setup.

Hoping for a reply
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Megatune reading problem

Post by Matt Cramer »

This is rather strange; MS2 shouldn't be communicating at 9600. Run the Port Check program and post the results. I'll see if I can spot what is going on.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
hari
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Megatune reading problem

Post by hari »

Matt Cramer wrote:This is rather strange; MS2 shouldn't be communicating at 9600. Run the Port Check program and post the results. I'll see if I can spot what is going on.
Thanks Matt for the reply. I managed to trace the problem to the converter wire itself. I have changed them to a better ones, and they are working fine now

thanks for your response. :D