Mismatch of AFR gauge and AFR-bar

Questions specific to Megatune. (Only about the tuning software, not about MS1/MS2 code or code features)
Note that Megatune is obsolete.
landybehr
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Mismatch of AFR gauge and AFR-bar

Post by landybehr »

Hi just turned to MS2x yesterday. I have a good AFR gauge in MT (that does not complain about coder version mismatch after I realized I needed to copy the ini file. The copyini.bat though told me I hadn´t installed MT - so I had to do it by hand. Could that have sth. do do with me making 2 directories - 1) "megasquirt" ans 2) "megasquirt-extra" ?)

Ok, the AFR gauge is good. But the dotted graph at the bottom of the MT window only stays within the green dots. Even at stoich it is 4dots to the left.
The datalog seems to have errors, sth. I asked Phil T. first because the earliest indicator of sth wrong was that MLV only sees WB readings of 8-9, which isn´t true.

Has it sth. to do with me, making 2 users with XP home professional and keeping 2 directories on Harddisk "C" as mentioned above ? I have added the second administrator to deal with MS2x. I have kept the "former sole user" to let me look up old B/G-code settings. So with the new user I downloaded the MS2x code and installed MT from there into the "megasquirt-extra" directory. So somewhat went away from defaults. Still, MT is working fine. And, as said, AFR-gauge makes sense.

EDIT: I have selected "Wideband" in the EGO options. I too have flashed the AFR table to MS.
? If I select different gauges in MT, then MT will return to the default gauges after a new start. But that probably is ok. I´m just asking because MLV is loosing it´s wideband-related settings every single time. First I thought that the low AFR-graphs as mentioned above were a MLV problem. But this mornig I noticed the odd behaviour of the green/red AFR-bargraph at the bottom. So that turned me to post here too. Maybe MLV in not guilty but gets a wrong logfile to work with.

Sorry if my writeup is confusing. Does reflect my state of vigilance though ;)
Range Rover Classic
landybehr
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Mismatch of AFR gauge and AFR-bar

Post by landybehr »

Hi, sorted.

I did a complete new installation of Megatune and everything assoziated. That helped.

Cannot exactly say what has been wrong. Maybe due to the several users. But I cannot exclude that I haven´t got the .ini´s and settings completely right. Anyway, now that I did everything again (and "cleaned up" the laptop by erasing the second user same time) everything is fine.
Range Rover Classic