Code version mismatch

Questions specific to Megatune. (Only about the tuning software, not about MS1/MS2 code or code features)
Note that Megatune is obsolete.
fatbaldbloke
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Code version mismatch

Post by fatbaldbloke »

I'm just setting up a new laptop to communicate with the controller and I'm so nearly there but falling at the last hurdle. What I'm particularly nervous about is making a mistake that impacts the controller and settings as I've just spent a fair bit of cash setting the car up on a rolling road (using my previous laptop) and it's brilliant!
So, the problem is, when I connect up, I get the message:

Controller code version does not match signature in MSnS-extra.ini
Expected "MSnS-extra format 029b (found in .ini file)
Received "2MSnS-extra format 029q (from controller)

I know I need to change something in megatune to tell it the controller is version 029q, but where do I set it. I have had a look around the files and am so close but just not confident enough to change anything. Is there an expert out there can just tell me in plain english where I have to go and what to do.
Many thanks.
kritip
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Code version mismatch

Post by kritip »

You need the 29q firmware, unzip it,and use the copy ini batch file. If you have an msq backed up you can always restore your settings.

Also, give tuner studio a try
Constantly evolving;
4 cylinder n/a, 16v 1368cc Fiat Seicento
fatbaldbloke
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Code version mismatch

Post by fatbaldbloke »

Sorted. It was just a matter of activating the right ini file in the megatune config settings. The bit I was nervous about was that 029q wasn't included as an option, but 029r includes 029q. Happy bunny now....

Thanks for the help.