Cant connect for the life of me

Questions specific to Megatune. (Only about the tuning software, not about MS1/MS2 code or code features)
Note that Megatune is obsolete.
inis
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Cant connect for the life of me

Post by inis »

Ok, so car is all wired up. Coils are left unplugged. I have a trickle charge keeping the battery going. Currently at 14.5-15v

Pc: windows 7 , using aten usb to serial bridge. Latest driver. (works fine on my msd dis-2)
MS info: 2.1.0 build 20090627 kc/jsm***ms2

I have the latest software package on diyautotune's sight.
I can do port check all day long, half the time its there on com1 half the time its not.
I did however get connected once on tunerstudio, on the autodetect..but by the time I made it to port check it wasn't working again. I've been going back and forth on this and am pulling my hair out.

I can't connect in megatune at all, port fails.

Anyone have any advice?
I've updated everything I can, restarted the pc. Turned car on/off. I can unplug usb and replug and sometimes it comes back. I'm sorry if I have missed something, or not included enough info. I've went through the manuals over and over and followed every instruction I can find.

:(
DiyAutoTunes: 3.57 ms3x , Jean's IOX board, IGN-1a's, boost control, 4 chan uego. Running full sequential on a built and boosted zetec
inis
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Cant connect for the life of me

Post by inis »

about an hour after this post I swapped to com6, everything started working fine. Not sure what the deal is with com1. I think its a windows 7 thing.
DiyAutoTunes: 3.57 ms3x , Jean's IOX board, IGN-1a's, boost control, 4 chan uego. Running full sequential on a built and boosted zetec
xr2wishy
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Cant connect for the life of me

Post by xr2wishy »

com one is typically a built in serial connector so won't use that for a usb adaptor.
on the sytem menu in control panel, if you go to hardware devices and select the appropriate com port it'll tell which it's working from and what settings.
you can alter the com port in the settings, but best to let it choose its own.