Difficulty with custom code

Questions specific to Megatune. (Only about the tuning software, not about MS1/MS2 code or code features)
Note that Megatune is obsolete.
E4ODnut
Master MS/Extra'er

Difficulty with custom code

Post by E4ODnut »

My attempt to convert my MS1 8x8 tables to 12x12 is progressing albeit painfully slow. After failed attempts with the earlier version of MT, I have made some headway using the 029y3 format. I have the code running on my simulator, but I’ve run into a wall with MT.
The code runs at 8MHz. I’m using burner8b, a modified extra version of the SCI stuff and modified VE table searching.
With MS off, I open MT, then start MS. The gauges come to life, but I get the error message “ Controller version does not match signature. Expected “MS1/Extra format 02973 *********” but received “?MS1/Extra format 02973 *********”, terminate MT?”. I select “no”. The gauges flutter for a split second but then all respond correctly to input changes and the real time display is good.
When I try the mini terminal, it all comes out good.
The constant settings in Page 0 are all good but the VE and Spark tables are a different story. When I first bring them up they show the correct values. The when I do a “fetch from ECU” they return with a different value in the VE-r position and all others have shifted over one position.
Same thing with the spark table.
If I close the VE or Spark table box, the gauges will flutter for a varying period of up to 1 second, then all is good. When I re-open it, the values are normal.
I suspected something wrong in my SCI section, but I’ve gone through it many times and can‘t seem to find any errors. Same with burner8b.
Any suggestions?
Robert
'53 VW Beetle Street Baja dual port 1641 MSnS-Extra