Aquamist HSV Frequency

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

richyvrlimited
Master MS/Extra'er

Aquamist HSV Frequency

Post by richyvrlimited »

there's some interesting discussion on miataturbo.net about the possibility of a cheaper version of the Aquamist HSV.

The makers need to know what frequency the MS uses to control the HSV so that they can make thier HSV compatable.

does anyone know?

Thanks

(original thread here)http://www.miataturbo.net/showthread.php?t=13400&page=2
2003 MX5. Coldside MP62
-
MS3, RTC, & Knock board, Release 1.2. LC-1 Wideband.
Ben
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Ben »

Knowing the aquamist valve frequency isn't as relevant as knowing what frequency the pulsed WI output is set to. Maybe someone with an O-Scope and a STIM would be so kind as to test?
richyvrlimited
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by richyvrlimited »

Ben wrote:Knowing the aquamist valve frequency isn't as relevant as knowing what frequency the pulsed WI output is set to. Maybe someone with an O-Scope and a STIM would be so kind as to test?
probably my lack of understanding here, but isn't the output just a close of INJ ch2?
2003 MX5. Coldside MP62
-
greenv8s
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by greenv8s »

richyvrlimited wrote:
Ben wrote:Knowing the aquamist valve frequency isn't as relevant as knowing what frequency the pulsed WI output is set to. Maybe someone with an O-Scope and a STIM would be so kind as to test?
probably my lack of understanding here, but isn't the output just a close of INJ ch2?
That's my understanding, too. Have you just answered your own question?
Peter Humphries (and a green V8S)
richyvrlimited
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by richyvrlimited »

greenv8s wrote:
richyvrlimited wrote:
That's my understanding, too. Have you just answered your own question?
I don't think so, I want to know the operating frequency of the Aquamist HSV.

the pulses may be a clone of INJCh2 but that doesn't tell me what frequency the valve operates at.
2003 MX5. Coldside MP62
-
Ben
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Ben »

I believe at one point I found the aquamist hsv operating specs by digging in the aquamist forum. They were posted by one of the administrators or mods there. I also believe I cross posted them at mt.net :?:

Yes, the WI output is pulsed at a rate equal to injector channel 2. So what frequency is injector channel 2 pulsed at?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

The frequency on the injectors varies with RPM; on a four banger that could be anything from half the RPM (1 squirt simultaneous or 2 squirts alternating) up to twice the RPM (4 squirts simultaneous). 60 hZ is 1 RPM (edited to fix this). So at 3,000 RPM, they'd pulse at 50 hZ.
Last edited by Matt Cramer on Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Ben
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Ben »

Duh. Thanks Mr Cramer. I can't believe I didn't see that coming. :D
richyvrlimited
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by richyvrlimited »

Ben wrote:Duh. Thanks Mr Cramer. I can't believe I didn't see that coming. :D
I'll be honest and say most of this stuff goes over my head :? I was just hoping to move along the potential source of a cheaper HSV :)

please correct me if I'm wrong here, but do we need this HSV to have an operating range as follows?

800rpm * 60 (1rpm = 60 hz) = 48000hz
9000rpm *60 = 540000hz

??
2003 MX5. Coldside MP62
-
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Close, but it's the other way around - 60 hz is 1 RPM, so you have to divide instead of multiply.
richyvrlimited
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by richyvrlimited »

Matt Cramer wrote:Close, but it's the other way around - 60 hz is 1 RPM, so you have to divide instead of multiply.
eh? now you really can tell how much this goes over my head... why divide? if 1rpm equals 60hz surely 2 rpm = 120hz 3 rpm = 180hz etc. etc?

apologies for my ignorance.
2003 MX5. Coldside MP62
-
richyvrlimited
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by richyvrlimited »

Mike_Robert wrote:Think of the "M" in "RPM" ->Minute<- Your calcs reflect "RPS" - seconds. 1 rev per second = 60 RPM, 2 rev/sec = 120 RPM, etc.

-Mike
why do my calcs reflect RPS? Matt stated that 1RPM equals 60hz so surely 2RPM equals 120Hz
2003 MX5. Coldside MP62
-
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

I meant to say that 1 RPM = 60 hZ, not 1 hZ = 60 RPM. My mistake.
richyvrlimited
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by richyvrlimited »

Mike_Robert wrote:Guys, I posted the following at miataturbo.net - just FYI!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmtech1 View Post
Our Valve has a nice advantage as can be both positional or on time/ off time. Positionary will give you far better results. Using on/off you will have a hard time to get rid of pulsing. When using positionary you will get a nice steady pulse free stream. If you wish to do an on/off style setup, by all means this valve can do it. Its very fast.

As a side note, Vari-cool has the ability to hook up to your computer, you can set the MIN dutycycle (as well as max and the curve). If you have a large nozzle, we recommend to move the dutycycle from 25% to 32% for the very reason you suggest.

The frequency range of the soleniod is 300 to 15,000 HZ.

CM
CM, thanks for your interest in expanding to the MS platform. I've been involved with the MS project for quite some time and have a decent working knowledge of the hardware, firmware, limitations, etc. Can you detail precisely what the HSV requires regarding logic/power to operate in the positionary mode? Is it directly frequency controlled, in that a higher freq causes a greater flow? Or is it duty cycle controlled at a static freq in the 300-15K range? The first case can be handled by either of the MS injector channels driving a multiplier chip, the DC case could be handled by use of one of the other outputs and some relatively easy firmware changes.

Thanks,
-Mike
ahh someone more knowlegable than me chiming in :) fantastic! :D
2003 MX5. Coldside MP62
-
coolingmist
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by coolingmist »

This is my first time on this forum so please bear with me. I would be interested in exploring how our S-HSV can integrate into the MS.

If I can have an understanding of what everyone is looking for and who the major players are, we can see what we can do. If this post is innapropriate, please let me know as well.

Thanks for the time.

David