How many engines running on MS2/Extra

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Does you engine run?

I have an engine running on MS2/Extra
100%

Total votes: 738

pac1085
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by pac1085 »

Audi A4 quattro AEB 1.8t with Holset HX35/40
60-2
waste spark w/ waste spark coil pack & plug wires
4x788cc 2 ohm injectors
MS2/Extra 10-06-07 beta
Current:
1995 Firebird Formula 5.3 LM7 Engine / 4L80E with MS3/MS3X 1.3.2 and Microsquirt Transmission Controller

Past:
1997 Audi A4 2.0TQM
MS3/MS3X
volenv
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by volenv »

One more
KR engine into an AUDI 80 '85 quattro
KKK 27
MS2 EXTRA beta from august
60-2
waste spark COP's
The 16x16 fuel map is nice to work.
Dynoed 477.8 WHP
Golf mk1 1.8 8v -turbocharged 22psi 312whp
MEAGASQUIRT efi
86svoms2
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 86svoms2 »

86 Mustang svo
2.3 ohc turbo
Holset hy 35
hall sensor in dizzy ignition
ms2 extra release
550cc injectors

currently switching to
36-1 and wasted spark
1000cc injectors
andyducati
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by andyducati »

Been running MSextra 2 beta 9 for a while now. Had no major issues when I swapped from B&G 2.8 code.
Trying to sort out table swapping for LPG injection. Outputs for coolant fan. Just waiting for stepper motor closed loop IAC.

1991 Landrover Discovery with a 1969 350ci 4 bolt SBC.
Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, Performer plus cam.
Chevy TPi intake, ported and matched to heads.
Hedman hedders with 3" stainless system
EDIS 8, Magnecor Leads.
MSII, ver 3 board.
LPG injection with its own ECU. To be replaced with dual table in MS.
1991 Discovery. 5.7 SBC TPi, MS2extra, EDIS, LPG.
1985 Range Rover Landranger Kit. 4.6 Rover. To be MS'd for LPG.
1993 Ducati 888
1992 Ducati 900SS
Maglin
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Maglin »

MSII extra beta 6 running on 97 Mitsubishi 4G63 4 cly turbo. The Mitsu IAC is a 6 wire unit and the 2 extra wires are 12v. Hooked it up and it worked for a short time but eventually died. Now it's running with no Idle circuit. Car's been running for 3 months now on MSII extra. Aside from launch control and Knock control not working properly (It's a friends car and I didn't have the time to troubleshoot it as I live 1,500 miles away) car runs like a champ.

Since it runs so nicely as is I'm going to wait until 2.0 gets released before I have the owner flash new code and build a new MSQ. Owner loves it most the time cept when their is strange idle issues but It's not the MSII causing the problem. :)
Jeremiah
93 5.8 LX Mustang - MSIIextra
92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Turbo - MSIIextra
automat
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by automat »

MS2_E v2.0 beta, on a suzuki 3 cylinder. i like it. It's a unit i got for testing for one of my friends, i usually run a MSnS_E HR_10d2.

all i did was taking a V3.0 board with MS2, put the code in it, imported 2 tables (VE and spark) adjusted the trigger angle, turn the key, and it ran. it ran really good too :D

all that's left to do is retune the AE. i hate this :lol:

EDIT now running with MS2E 2.0.1, Coil on plugs, 36-1, idle control, launch control, etc.

We got 2 other swifts running MS2E, and at least one samurai that I know of. So far everyone is happy with the code and the 16x16 VE tables
Last edited by automat on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'93 Suzuki Swift 993cc 3 cylinders with a TD04L-13T , melted piston @ 25psi with a bad fuel pump. MS2E 3.0.3 standalone
'07 Suzuki SX4 2.0L , TurbineTech turbo kit. MS2E 2.0 used as a piggyback
wagon
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by wagon »

Sometimes I wonder why MS2/extra is not the standard MS2 code - it is very, very good!

Thanks to everyone involved!
Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Philip Lochner »

I suppose, we can now add a Jaguar V12 to the list as well :D

Yesterday it started (but that's all) on my new MS2/Extra/Beta2.0/V3 (after having a major battle to sort issues with the flyback circuit on inj_2. It turns out that piece of PCB track burnt between the IAC2A jumper hole and the DB37 connector!!)

What puzzles me a bit is that in order to achieve sensible AFRs at idle, I've had to reduce req_fuel to 3 and my VE table contains values which are MUCH smaller than what I am used to.

I started off with the same values and tables I had in my well tuned 2.687 (B&G) BUT, I changed the injection scheme from 2/alt to 3/simultaneous* which seems to require this drastic reduction in not only req_fuel (top box from 11.4 to 3!!) but also what appears to be the halving (if not more) of the entire VE map!

The reason I want to use 3/sim is that I got very good results with it on my Land Rover, with a very noticeable improvement in engine response on AE as well as increased torque (not much but enough to have no doubt about the increase) at lower rpms. I am still using std AE only (which I found quite adequate so far...)

Today I'll work on the rest of the VE map.

*MS2 thinks its controlling a 6-cyl (tach_in comes off an EDIS6) so the whole config is as for a 6-cyl but each injector bank actually as 6 injectors, not 3. This is so the RPM gauge can read correctly.
Kind regards
Philip
'74 Jensen Interceptor 440ci (EFI'ed with MS2 and wasted spark + GM 4L60e GPIO controlled - both on Extra FW)
Asteris
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Asteris »

Fiat Seicento running on beta 14.

1242cc, turbocharged, 4cyl, 8v FIRE engine
VR on 60-2 wheel, wasted spark, stock coils, 250cc injectors
Stock IAC valve
JAW WB (emulating LC1), stock harness used.

Idles a little high, but sounds so smooth...
Tjabo
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Tjabo »

I'm running a Dodge Neon on the MS2/Extra Beta from November 22, which is amazing since I can't even figure out how to log my "vote" here! :lol:

By the way, it runs GREAT! ! ! ! (I'm NOT running IAC control with it though)

Thad
swnp
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by swnp »

I have an 04 SRT4 (Neon based 2.4L Turbo) idleing on MSII-Extra beta 15 with V3 board with ignition and baro sensor mods controlling fuel and spark only.

I haven't gotten it to idle well enough to drive it, but it does fire up and idle... somewhat.
aero
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by aero »

I converted my 4g63 from MSE to MS2E. Haven't had much tuning or driving time yet. Had to pull it apart to replace exhaust valve seals. :|
nelson_trujillo
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by nelson_trujillo »

Add another one:
1990 Mazda Miata 1.8L Turbo
Migrated from B&G MS2 2.88 & EDIS to MS2Extra handling stock igniter and ignition coil, soon to include Launch Control, Boost Control & Water Injection and COPs
MS2Extra is great!!!
mops
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by mops »

yeah, i guess i can add to my list too.

running beta 14 at the moment.

fully stock 85'bmw e30 325i

turbo setup comming along very slowly.
BMW, 1985, E30, 325i, 2-door, 5spd. Lots of custom work. Turbo build in progress: http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55733
fastmonkeywheels
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fastmonkeywheels »

I thought I'd add mine too.

Ford 2.3 Turbo currently running MSII-Extra Beta18 with TFI ignition. Still working on getting the 36-1 toothed wheel to work for waste spark, but at least it's running and getting about 6+ mpg since I've got it tuned!

EDIT: Now running 36-1 toothed wheel with a waste spark distributorless system with direct coil control using GM HEI4 modules.
PaulS
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by PaulS »

I have just got my classic Mini running on MS2/extra.

This is in preparation for trialing the siamesed port code by racingmini_mtl.

The full story is on TurboMinis.co.uk

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/inde ... tid=196778

Big thanks to all of you guys. Although this is my first post, I have been stalking and using the search function on a regular basis.

Paul
baneonrt
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by baneonrt »

I've been daily driving my neon on MS2E since last fall. Needs some fine tuning when I get a chance but otherwise gets me to work and back without problems.

Steve
Shad Laws
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Shad Laws »

2002 Superformance S1 - Lotus Super Seven Replica
Car number 30 (of 56 built)

Self-designed and self-built Ford Zetec, 4-cyl, 2.0L. I designed it to be a high-strung engine, and it is: 8500rpm redline, 11:1 compression, 220-230hp (soon to be dyno proven), and a rough idle :-). With only about 1420lb to push around, that's a ton of power! Here are the basics:
- started with Focus SVT block
- lots of custom head, valve, and cam work (all of which are essentially one-off... not much available for the SVT engines)
- custom 4-2-1 header
- custom intake system tuned for high rpm (runner length, plenum volume, etc.) with a 70mm throttle body
- MegaSquirt II v3.57
- KnockSenseMS with Ford knock sensor
- Innovate LC-1 WBO2 setup
- factory Ford coilpacks

It has been up and running since 1/19/08. I'm in the final stages of tuning now - it's running great! The hardest part, of course, is the low rpm stuff with the lumpy cam. As I figure out more tuning tricks, it's getting better and better - with the exception of idle (which will *never* be perfect), it's quite smooth.

Of course, from 4000-8500rpm, it's a complete beast! And MegaSquirt makes it all work like a charm...

If you have a similar setup, feel free to write to me for tips on setting it up. Also, if your curious about more details on the engine build, let me know. I'll have to post pics here at some point...

Take care,
Shad
MegaScott
MS/Extra Guru

Post by MegaScott »

Shad Laws wrote: I'll have to post pics here at some point...
After all the intro we have to wait for pictures....oh well... it sounds like a real rocket!!

Megasquirt is beginning to be the defacto standard for the Lotus 7, Caterham, Westy and Locost crowd...Personally I have a Locost going together now that has a 2.3 turbo motor in it...a few mods and it'll be good for at least 350hp...should be a real monster when the boost kicks in....Of course it'll have Megasquirt EFI and MS2-extra for engine management.
Shad Laws
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Shad Laws »

MegaScott wrote: After all the intro we have to wait for pictures....oh well... it sounds like a real rocket!!
I'll likely do a good photoshoot within the week... it's dirty right now... :-) I wanted to do it earlier, but it's been raining around here... argh!
MegaScott wrote: Megasquirt is beginning to be the defacto standard for the Lotus 7, Caterham, Westy and Locost crowd...Personally I have a Locost going together now that has a 2.3 turbo motor in it...a few mods and it'll be good for at least 350hp...should be a real monster when the boost kicks in....Of course it'll have Megasquirt EFI and MS2-extra for engine management.
350hp in a Locost? Dang, that's insane! Must be a trip to have the boost kick in... :-). I keep wondering if I should add a little blower to my engine and get it up to an Atom-worthy 300hp... ah, we'll see later. Curious: which 2.3 engine is that? Is that a Pinto 2.3, a Duratec 2.3, or something else?

Hasta,
Shad