How to Install MegaTunix on Ubuntu Linux (all versions)

Questions specific to Megatunix - alternate tuning software that runs on unix and windows.
Note that Megatunix is obsolete.

Moderator: djandruczyk

Did this make any sense to you?

Yes, completely, worked without a problem!
16
80%
No, not at all, what the hell is linux anyways?
1
5%
Kinda, but I got lost partway through, help me!
2
10%
My kid did it and explained it all to me...
0
No votes
I didn't even bother as it looks too hard...
1
5%
 
Total votes : 20

Re: How to Install MegaTunix on Ubuntu Linux (all versions)

Postby djandruczyk » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:41 am

piledriver wrote:Do you have an idea of the min versions of all the dev libs needed for build/gcc etc?

Just snagged an N810-WIMAX for cheap, I can run some fairly recent Debian flavors on it in a chroot, but ...

It will probably end up as a digital dash (or just dual CHT ;-) in dash only mode) as the display is very readable.

I'm wondering if a simple ncurses interface for megatunix might prove useful for small screen devices.
(unix-ish flavors anyway, although IIRC there is a ncurses implementation for windows too)



GTK 2.12 or newer, libgtkglext 1.2, libglade 2.0 ,and whatever these depend upon.

debian 5 has all the necessary bits, at least on x86.
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
User avatar
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Rochester, NY, U.S.A.

Re: How to Install MegaTunix on Ubuntu Linux (all versions)

Postby piledriver » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:18 pm

OK, thanks, shouldn't be an issue, I already have Wheezy for armel installing in qemu to build an image...
Hopefully it will be done by the time it gets here :lol:
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 1640
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:24 am
Location: Van Alstyne, Texas

Re: How to Install MegaTunix on Ubuntu Linux (all versions)

Postby josephdouce » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:02 am

I get this error when i press 3D view on any of the tables

(megatunix:8810): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_strcasecmp: assertion `s2 != NULL' failed

(megatunix:8810): GdkGLExt-WARNING **: cannot load PangoFont
josephdouce
MS/Extra Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:57 am

Re: How to Install MegaTunix on Ubuntu Linux (all versions)

Postby djandruczyk » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:44 pm

josephdouce wrote:I get this error when i press 3D view on any of the tables

(megatunix:8810): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_strcasecmp: assertion `s2 != NULL' failed

(megatunix:8810): GdkGLExt-WARNING **: cannot load PangoFont


What OS/Version? i.e. windows, linux or OS-X? which version? Which ECU firmware?

If this is Linux or OS-X you can debug this further..
make sure you have gdb installed (yum install gdb, or apt-get install gdb)
rebuild megatunix with full debugging enabled
Code: Select all
./configure --enable-debug ; make clean ; make ; sudo make install ; sudo ldconfig
gdb /usr/local/bin/megatunix

at the gdb prompt type
Code: Select all
run --g-fatal-warnings

run megatunix as normal to try and trigger that error (i.e. click on the 3d view button)
When you do megatunix will stop and GDB will print that error or similar. Type "backtrace" and copy/paste the results to me, which will point out the fault (hopefully).
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
User avatar
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Rochester, NY, U.S.A.

Re: How to Install MegaTunix on Ubuntu Linux (all versions)

Postby josephdouce » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:11 am

solved, the ati catalyst driver causes this, running the stock linux gfx drive it opens fine, as soon as i activate the ati driver it crashes, rather strange, but i was able to replicate on 10.04, 10.10, 11.04 ubuntu
you still want me to backtrace?

btw... megatunix is brilliant :D
josephdouce
MS/Extra Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:57 am

Re: How to Install MegaTunix on Ubuntu Linux (all versions)

Postby djandruczyk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:58 am

josephdouce wrote:solved, the ati catalyst driver causes this, running the stock linux gfx drive it opens fine, as soon as i activate the ati driver it crashes, rather strange, but i was able to replicate on 10.04, 10.10, 11.04 ubuntu
you still want me to backtrace?

btw... megatunix is brilliant :D


I would if it still prints the error. I've noticed some weird OpenGL hiccups with some ati and some intel cards, and unfortunately I know almost nothing about how to use OpenGL correctly, so, odds are its my code doing something borderline with respect to the use of OpenGL, that some implementations can deal with OK, but others cannot.

Thanks for the feedback!
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
User avatar
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Rochester, NY, U.S.A.

Re: How to Install MegaTunix on Ubuntu Linux (all versions)

Postby piledriver » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:07 pm

My positively ancient 9250M setup in my laptop works fine with it, but it's not using the fglrx driver, it's too old.

If you really need the 3D, you might try the non-fglrx "open" drivers. It might be only sw opengl and slow tho.
(depends on the card, some like mine have very good "Free" OpenGL support, only one way to be sure)
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er
 
Posts: 1640
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:24 am
Location: Van Alstyne, Texas

Re: How to Install MegaTunix on Ubuntu Linux (all versions)

Postby josephdouce » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:13 am

reinstalled ubuntu and am generating the same error again , here is the backtrace,

Code: Select all
[Thread 0x7fffe1ffb700 (LWP 20995) exited]

GdkGLExt-WARNING **: cannot load PangoFont
aborting...

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
0x00007ffff233cd05 in raise () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x00007ffff233cd05 in raise () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#1  0x00007ffff2340ab6 in abort () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#2  0x00007ffff37c3a22 in g_logv () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#3  0x00007ffff37c3aaf in g_log () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#4  0x00007ffff79b8d5d in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgdkglext-x11-1.0.so.0
#5  0x00000000004156b6 in ve3d_load_font_metrics ()
#6  0x000000000041581a in ve3d_configure_event ()
#7  0x00007ffff5f87578 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#8  0x00007ffff408681c in g_closure_invoke ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#9  0x00007ffff4098019 in ?? ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#10 0x00007ffff40a0fa9 in g_signal_emit_valist ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#11 0x00007ffff40a141f in g_signal_emit ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#12 0x00007ffff60a34d1 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#13 0x00007ffff5f0bf6a in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#14 0x00007ffff5f0c045 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#15 0x00007ffff408681c in g_closure_invoke ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---return
josephdouce
MS/Extra Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:57 am

Re: How to Install MegaTunix on Ubuntu Linux (all versions)

Postby djandruczyk » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:10 am

josephdouce wrote:reinstalled ubuntu and am generating the same error again , here is the backtrace,

Code: Select all
[Thread 0x7fffe1ffb700 (LWP 20995) exited]

GdkGLExt-WARNING **: cannot load PangoFont
aborting...

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
0x00007ffff233cd05 in raise () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x00007ffff233cd05 in raise () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#1  0x00007ffff2340ab6 in abort () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#2  0x00007ffff37c3a22 in g_logv () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#3  0x00007ffff37c3aaf in g_log () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#4  0x00007ffff79b8d5d in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgdkglext-x11-1.0.so.0
#5  0x00000000004156b6 in ve3d_load_font_metrics ()
#6  0x000000000041581a in ve3d_configure_event ()
#7  0x00007ffff5f87578 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#8  0x00007ffff408681c in g_closure_invoke ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#9  0x00007ffff4098019 in ?? ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#10 0x00007ffff40a0fa9 in g_signal_emit_valist ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#11 0x00007ffff40a141f in g_signal_emit ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#12 0x00007ffff60a34d1 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#13 0x00007ffff5f0bf6a in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#14 0x00007ffff5f0c045 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#15 0x00007ffff408681c in g_closure_invoke ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---return



The lack of line numbers tells me you DID NOT compile with debugging enabled..

./configuure --enable-debug ; make clean ; make ; sudo make install ; sudo ldconfig; THEN run "gdb src/megatunix"
and "run --g-fatal-warnings"

I suspect you have a patched/tweaked GtkGLEXT that broke the font rendering, as there are versions in the wild with the same major/minor version (1.2.x) that have removed/broke part of the API but it should NOT have been able to compile in that case..
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
User avatar
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Rochester, NY, U.S.A.

Re: How to Install MegaTunix on Ubuntu Linux (all versions)

Postby josephdouce » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:06 pm

rebuilt debugging defiantly enabled exactly same again
Code: Select all
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/megatunix --g-fatal-warnings
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 0x7fffebe57700 (LWP 19359)]
[New Thread 0x7fffeb656700 (LWP 19360)]
[New Thread 0x7fffe8a29700 (LWP 19362)]
[New Thread 0x7fffe1b40700 (LWP 19363)]
[New Thread 0x7fffe133f700 (LWP 19364)]
[New Thread 0x7fffe0b3e700 (LWP 19365)]
[New Thread 0x7fffe033d700 (LWP 19366)]
[New Thread 0x7fffdfb3c700 (LWP 19367)]
[New Thread 0x7fffdf33b700 (LWP 19368)]
[Thread 0x7fffdf33b700 (LWP 19368) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffebe57700 (LWP 19359) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffe033d700 (LWP 19366) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffe1b40700 (LWP 19363) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffe0b3e700 (LWP 19365) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffe133f700 (LWP 19364) exited]
[New Thread 0x7fffe0b3e700 (LWP 19369)]
[Thread 0x7fffe0b3e700 (LWP 19369) exited]

GdkGLExt-WARNING **: cannot load PangoFont
aborting...

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
0x00007ffff233cd05 in raise () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x00007ffff233cd05 in raise () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#1  0x00007ffff2340ab6 in abort () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#2  0x00007ffff37c3a22 in g_logv () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#3  0x00007ffff37c3aaf in g_log () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#4  0x00007ffff79b8d5d in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgdkglext-x11-1.0.so.0
#5  0x00000000004156b6 in ve3d_load_font_metrics ()
#6  0x000000000041581a in ve3d_configure_event ()
#7  0x00007ffff5f87578 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#8  0x00007ffff408681c in g_closure_invoke ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#9  0x00007ffff4098019 in ?? ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#10 0x00007ffff40a0fa9 in g_signal_emit_valist ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#11 0x00007ffff40a141f in g_signal_emit ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#12 0x00007ffff60a34d1 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#13 0x00007ffff5f0bf6a in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#14 0x00007ffff5f0c045 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#15 0x00007ffff408681c in g_closure_invoke ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---q
josephdouce
MS/Extra Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:57 am

Re: How to Install MegaTunix on Ubuntu Linux (all versions)

Postby djandruczyk » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:04 pm

josephdouce wrote:rebuilt debugging defiantly enabled exactly same again
Code: Select all
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/megatunix --g-fatal-warnings
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 0x7fffebe57700 (LWP 19359)]
[New Thread 0x7fffeb656700 (LWP 19360)]
[New Thread 0x7fffe8a29700 (LWP 19362)]
[New Thread 0x7fffe1b40700 (LWP 19363)]
[New Thread 0x7fffe133f700 (LWP 19364)]
[New Thread 0x7fffe0b3e700 (LWP 19365)]
[New Thread 0x7fffe033d700 (LWP 19366)]
[New Thread 0x7fffdfb3c700 (LWP 19367)]
[New Thread 0x7fffdf33b700 (LWP 19368)]
[Thread 0x7fffdf33b700 (LWP 19368) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffebe57700 (LWP 19359) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffe033d700 (LWP 19366) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffe1b40700 (LWP 19363) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffe0b3e700 (LWP 19365) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffe133f700 (LWP 19364) exited]
[New Thread 0x7fffe0b3e700 (LWP 19369)]
[Thread 0x7fffe0b3e700 (LWP 19369) exited]

GdkGLExt-WARNING **: cannot load PangoFont
aborting...

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
0x00007ffff233cd05 in raise () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x00007ffff233cd05 in raise () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#1  0x00007ffff2340ab6 in abort () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#2  0x00007ffff37c3a22 in g_logv () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#3  0x00007ffff37c3aaf in g_log () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#4  0x00007ffff79b8d5d in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgdkglext-x11-1.0.so.0
#5  0x00000000004156b6 in ve3d_load_font_metrics ()
#6  0x000000000041581a in ve3d_configure_event ()
#7  0x00007ffff5f87578 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#8  0x00007ffff408681c in g_closure_invoke ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#9  0x00007ffff4098019 in ?? ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#10 0x00007ffff40a0fa9 in g_signal_emit_valist ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#11 0x00007ffff40a141f in g_signal_emit ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
#12 0x00007ffff60a34d1 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#13 0x00007ffff5f0bf6a in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#14 0x00007ffff5f0c045 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#15 0x00007ffff408681c in g_closure_invoke ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---q


Thats very unusual, as it SHOULD have printed line numbers on the affecting lines within megatunix.

The issue seems to be due to GtkGLext breaking their API within the same version (bad form!)
Let me see what I can work up to get around this issue.
David J. Andruczyk
MegaTunix author. The only non-java cross platform tuning software for MS-I/II hardware.
Where to get and how to install:
http://msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=23080
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megatunix
User avatar
djandruczyk
MS/Extra Guru
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Fri May 07, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Rochester, NY, U.S.A.

Previous

Return to Megatunix (obsolete)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests