injector drivers on 3x board keep dieing.

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ranster
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: injector drivers on 3x board keep dieing.

Post by ranster »

ranster wrote:
BCM wrote:Ranster - did you test the drivers? When it happened to me I was able to use test mode and show definitively that one was dead...
Not yet.
I am going to replace the MS3X card today and see how it goes.
Next step will be to test the drivers as you mentioned.

Switched the MS3X board and tested the injectors drivers which seems to be ok.
Tested the coils which found out to be ok as well.
Eventually it all came into a faulty spark plug!

false alarm everyone - MS3X was not the problem :oops:
Turbocharged BMW E36/5 - Megasquirt 3
Fiat 128 Coupe ITB - Microsquirt V3
shaodome
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by shaodome »

That is usually the case....unfortunately not with several of my MS3X boards....

Hey Matt/Ben, did you guys here from Bruce on the units you sent him for testing?
dfzuntor
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by dfzuntor »

hi community

I have suffer the same issue with my injector C output, since more than a year of excellent working, my 3x board fail. I make some mods to my engine and my car keeps on my garage almost 2 months, then I start it and everything seems to be normal, just some adjustments that I have to make to my maps. When I was running my car to adjust my Fuel table, I notice that on low RPM ( less than 3k) the car sounds like one of my 4 cylinder was not working, and my car has a lot of smoke, so I start to unplug my injectors to detect the one, and I see that when I unplug #3, the car re-fines the idle, so I place a Led tester on it and it seems to be always on. Inmediatly I take off my MS from the car and connect the stim (ms board and the one for 3x board) and I test the Injector outputs, everything seems to be perfect, the 4 outputs blinks like my configuration is set, as Batch because I am not running sequential. so I tested my injector plugs again with the led, just to be sure that there is no shorts and the led is off, then y plug my MS into both hairness (MS3 and 3x) and the led becomes ON, just #3. SO my question is, Why the MS3xStimulator tells that everything is fine and when it is plugged to the hairness NOT???

Actually, because it is my daily car, I re-wire this injector to it's partner (injector D) to use my car, and it works perfect. just to take note of my issue.

Thanks, David
LordLo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by LordLo »

Did you guys find anything on this? My cylinder 4 is not working which is also connected to injector C, which I thought was spark related but I'm pretty sure it's because the injector never closes. Spark plug is sooty black.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Have you tested the outputs using the injector test mode ?

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
LordLo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by LordLo »

No, but I may have figured out the issue. It's not a MS issue, more like a RC injector issue.

I switched over to the mainboard injector outputs since I know they work 100%. Well.... same issue. Cylinder 4 is still dead and the spark plug is sooty black.

I did a little search online and it looks the larger RC injectors like getting stuck open. I'll hopefully get it sorted out friday when my brand new ID1000 come in.
anthoneus
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by anthoneus »

Hi guys,
Sorry to bring this back from the dead. I'm not running MS3 on this car, but I am running a sequential board with 4x VND5N07 and 4x BIP ignitors. I'm running low Z injectors with a resistor pack (9ohm).

I've been having strange issues too where the injector FET got stuck open. First was on Cyl.1 about 2 months ago and yesterday was Cyl.2.
I find this very strange and I'm wondering if it is the fly-back from the injector or the ignition killing it. I've probably put about 70-hours of running into the engine.

My idea is now to switch to High-Z injectors and move the igniter out of the MS ecu.

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Tony.
Volvo 122 B234f+t- Microsquirt, Volvo 244 B230f+t-MS1Extra, Volvo 940 1UZ-FE +turbo - MS3X, Toyota LC80 1FZ-FE - MS2Extra v3.0