MS1 V3.0 no rpm

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Rich Woods
MS/Extra Newbie

MS1 V3.0 no rpm

Post by Rich Woods »

Hi Gents,

Sorry to be a pain, but I seem to have run into a problem, I was hoping I may find some help?

I've been building a MS1 V3.0 from a kit, and I've built it to use a VR sensor. I got all the way through to the end of build, then hit a snag. While I can get all the other guages to show readings, I can't get any RPM to show in Megatune or Tunerstudio when trying to get it to work off the stimulator. My stim is a MegaStim V2.21.

The troubleshooting guides don't show too many checks for this other than where the jumpers are supposed to go for the VR sensor, which isn't really helpful. Does anyone know what checks I can do against which components/pins (or point me to a guide) so I can find the problem and crack on with my build? I deally voltages at pins so I can find what is wrong.

As mentioned, it is MS1, version 3.0 and it has loaded the MSExtra 029y4 code.

This is my first megasquirt build, so apologies if I there are any daft questions. I'm still learning.

Kind regards,

Rich
damon308
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: MS1 V3.0 no rpm

Post by damon308 »

Rich Woods wrote:Hi Gents,

Sorry to be a pain, but I seem to have run into a problem, I was hoping I may find some help?

I've been building a MS1 V3.0 from a kit, and I've built it to use a VR sensor. I got all the way through to the end of build, then hit a snag. While I can get all the other guages to show readings, I can't get any RPM to show in Megatune or Tunerstudio when trying to get it to work off the stimulator. My stim is a MegaStim V2.21.

The troubleshooting guides don't show too many checks for this other than where the jumpers are supposed to go for the VR sensor, which isn't really helpful. Does anyone know what checks I can do against which components/pins (or point me to a guide) so I can find the problem and crack on with my build? I deally voltages at pins so I can find what is wrong.

As mentioned, it is MS1, version 3.0 and it has loaded the MSExtra 029y4 code.

This is my first megasquirt build, so apologies if I there are any daft questions. I'm still learning.

Kind regards,

Rich

Hi Rich, have you checked under SPARK that Stim for Wheel is set to on, and this needs to be set OFF when on car OK, Regards DM
Rich Woods
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Rich Woods »

Hi DM,

Yes, I have tried it with stim for wheel set to 'on'. Still no response from RPM gauge..

Cheers,

Rich
damon308
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by damon308 »

Rich Woods wrote:Hi DM,

Yes, I have tried it with stim for wheel set to 'on'. Still no response from RPM gauge..

Cheers,

Rich
Hi Rich, then have you tried turning the small pot R56 on the bottom of the Board, I always tell people to turn it at least 10 turns anti-clockwise first then try cranking and if still no RPM then slowly turn clockwise as you crank watching your RPM, OK, Regards DM
Rich Woods
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Rich Woods »

Hi DM,

I've not had it near the car yet as I couldn't get a response from the stim. The trim pot (R56) is turned anticlockwise, I'll try it again on the stim turning it clockwise.

If I get nothing, I'll set to and get the install sorted on the car, then try it on there.

Rich