After reading through the debug log it seemed more like a hardware issue than software. It appears that I was having issues with my current adapter dropping my link and screwing up link data with all of the noise in the car. I couldnt get any data from logs because the link would fail every time I made an attempt to log anything. Fortunatly my wife works for DigiKey (we live up here in far northwestern Minnesota), so I have easy access to lots of very good parts. The other morning I had enough and sent her out with a parts list, this morning I gave it a shot hoping for the best and I wasnt disappointed. The new parts worked flawlessly, no failures at all even with multiple WOT pulls.
I highly suggest that if you need something and want it to work, give this one a shot. Tested with WinXP on an Acer Aspire one netbook using the provided FTDI driver.
AE10409-ND USB 2.0 serial m/DB9 Digitus adapter
AE10644-ND USB 3.0 A male - USB 3.0 A female shielded 2m cable
MS2 v3 w/Ford IAC mod running MS2Extra gslender 2.7
Single MSD coil with TFI dizzy, 60# highZ injectors
91 Ford Mustang, modified 5.0, 70mm turbo @ 11#s