MegaTune Configurator Runtime Error (Visual C++)

Questions specific to Megatune. (Only about the tuning software, not about MS1/MS2 code or code features)
Note that Megatune is obsolete.
tbitz
Helpful MS/Extra'er

MegaTune Configurator Runtime Error (Visual C++)

Post by tbitz »

Folks,

I've been running an older version of MegaTune 2.25 for a while ( 225 built on Feb 5 2006).

I wanted to upgrade my ECU to MSnS-Extra (HIRES HR11) code and created a new project for it and copied the .ini files. MegaTune complained about a number of things when I tried running it (Free_bit ?).

When I tried running the Configurator I now get a Visual C++ Runtime Library error
Program: C:\Program FIles\Megasquirt\MegaTune2.25\mtVfg.exe

I tried unistalling Megatune and then reinstalling the latest version (2.25 p built on Jan 6 2008). MegaTune runs fine, but I keep getting the Visual C++ runtime error when trying to run the configurator.

I am runing Window XP.

Tried searching the web, but couldn't find any solutions.

Any ideas?

Tony
SymTech Laboratories
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MegaTune Configurator Runtime Error (Visual C++)

Post by SymTech Laboratories »

This isn't a very helpful question if you're sure you want to stick with MegaTune, but: have you considered upgrading to TunerStudio?
SymTech Laboratories, LLC ----- MSQ File Repository: megasquirt.symtechlabs.com
tbitz
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by tbitz »

The end goal was to getting MegaTune with HIRES code on MS1 running on my laptop which is running Windows2000. It's an old laptop with a serial port and I just leave it in the car.

I don't think I can run TunerStudio on Windows2000 (JAVA ?) and I won't even try to upgrading Windows on this laptop. Yeah, I'm from the dark ages...

I guess, the more fundamental question is MegaTune 2.25p3 even compatible with the latest HIRES code for MS1?

Tony
tbitz
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by tbitz »

I created a new Megatune project on my laptop (which is running Windows 2000) for the HIRES HR11 code and ran Megatune and it complained about a number of errors starting with "Free_bit". I tried running Configurator and sure enough it now gets a runtime error also.

I guess MegaTune 225 doesn't support the latest HIRES HR11 code and somehow this has corrupted the Configurator? Dunno....

I don't really need the configurator as I can manually edit the INI files, but MegaTune won't run the project that has the HIRES HR11 INI file.

Tony
93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93white3400z »

Install TunerStudio. It will run on windows 2000 no prob, even if windows 2000 is a shitty OS :D
1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
3400 Turbocharged Inter-cooled
MS3 v3.57+MS3X
tbitz
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by tbitz »

Found an old version of JAVA online that would run on my Windows2000 laptop and installed it. TunerStudio seems to be running ok on this setup.

Thanks.