Prototype: UEGO Compensator

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

SymTech Laboratories
Super MS/Extra'er

Prototype: UEGO Compensator

Post by SymTech Laboratories »

We recently developed a simple module to correct a common problem with AEM UEGO wideband oxygen sensor systems. Our "UEGO compensator" was designed to normalize the analog output from UEGO systems to eliminate any offset between the UEGO's gauge and the MegaSquirt ECU's readings. For instance, your UEGO's display may read 14.7:1 but your MegaSquirt ECU is reading 14.3:1. With our UEGO compensator, both systems will correctly read 14.7:1.

The prototype digitally interfaces with the UEGO and generates its own calibrated analog signal. The finished product will be relatively inexpensive and very compact. Please email us at support@symtechlabs.com if you're interested in helping us test this potential new product. Be sure to write "UEGO Compensator Prototype" in the subject line.

Here's the fine print:
1. You must be comfortable testing prototype/alpha hardware.
2. You must provide us feedback regarding the operation of the unit, and you must relinquish the prototype if we ask you to do so.
3. You will be compensated with one unit of the finished product.

SymTech Laboratories, LLC ----- MSQ File Repository: megasquirt.symtechlabs.com
SymTech Laboratories
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Prototype: UEGO Compensator

We have enough testers at the moment, thanks for your interest! We will update this thread when/if we decide to bring this product to market.
AdamR
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by AdamR »

d***, I wish I saw this sooner.
SymTech Laboratories
Super MS/Extra'er

AdamR wrote:d***, I wish I saw this sooner.
That's okay, there's a chance these will be brought to production. The more people that express their interest, the likelier they will be made available.
pac1085
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by pac1085 »

Have you guys seen this issue with the Innovate MTX-L? Because it describes my problem exactly. I've tried all sorts of different grounding methods and analog output /calibration configs and the MS always reads lower than the gauge.
Current:
1995 Firebird Formula 5.3 LM7 Engine / 4L80E with MS3/MS3X 1.3.2 and Microsquirt Transmission Controller

Past:
1997 Audi A4 2.0TQM
MS3/MS3X
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

pac1085 wrote:Have you guys seen this issue with the Innovate MTX-L? Because it describes my problem exactly. I've tried all sorts of different grounding methods and analog output /calibration configs and the MS always reads lower than the gauge.
Usually this problem with Innovate products has been solved through changing the ground configuration. If you've tried this, there is another solution available: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 67&t=44280

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
SymTech Laboratories
Super MS/Extra'er

pac1085 wrote:Have you guys seen this issue with the Innovate MTX-L? Because it describes my problem exactly. I've tried all sorts of different grounding methods and analog output /calibration configs and the MS always reads lower than the gauge.
We haven't seen this problem firsthand, but we can configure the chip to work with Innovate wideband systems as well. The benefit of the method our compensator uses is very low cost.
Silverback
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Silverback »

So does this thing exist? Is it in production? What does it cost?
Mark -- aka: WS6 TA, JYDog, 83 Crossfire TA, mpikas, mmp...
MS2 Extra | PCB 3 | HEI Mod | TPI harness Adapter | AEM UEGO wideband | 87 Trans Am | 305TPI | T5 transmission - pretty close to stock
93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93white3400z »

Look at the forum thread just below this one here: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 67&t=54575

It should answer your question :)
1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
3400 Turbocharged Inter-cooled
MS3 v3.57+MS3X