Starts, wont run on VE table

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

NOEL
MS/Extra Newbie

Starts, wont run on VE table

Post by NOEL »

I have been running Fuel & ign using MS2, 2.9 with no issues. Upgraded to MS2/extra so that I can run wasted spark (no dist). I copied my VE table and fuel setting over to Ms/extra. Now the engine will fire up, then dies. I changed start idle rpm fro 350 to 800 and now the engine will keep running , but it is loping back and forth. The only thing that is keeping it running is that it drops back to the cranking PW and keeps running until it gos past 800rpm and so on ,loping back and forth. Its acting like it wont run on the reg. fuel setting and VE table . I have been running on these for over a year befor I up graded to
MS/extra. I did a reboot of the firmware (MS2/extra321) with the same result . The data log shows it trying to idle with a 2ms pw. If my memory serves me , it seems like it use to idle at about 3 ms with MS2,2.9 . does any one have any ideas on why MS/extra would change the interpretation of my fuel settings or VE table ? I cold be wrong about why this is running this way, so If you have adifferent way of analyzing this problem I would love to hear from you. Thanks Noel
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: Starts, wont run on VE table

Post by jsmcortina »

Please MSQ and datalog from each firmware.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
NOEL
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by NOEL »

Hi James
Thanks for your respone , I dont have any datalogs of the previous Tune. I would like to figure this out on my own , all Im asking is that you point my in a direction to go. Such as, Noel , run a data Log and look at this,this and that. If you look at a data log for me, I wont learn anything !
Its like the old story here in California, you can give a Mexican a fish and feed him for a day or you can teach him to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. :yeah!: :lol: Thats all right, some of my best friends are Mixicans. I dont want to have you review a data log , I want some one to help me do that so that I can have that AH-HA moment.

I think I may be on to something that dos'nt look right . My VE table is not using Kpa for load, it is using "fuel load %", Whats up with that ?
Thanks for your help James, Regards , Noel
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by rickb794 »

If the Req Fuel or squirts changed it could affect your fueling.

Just re tune it......

Have you read this? http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms2extra/upgrade.html#ms2bg
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
NOEL
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by NOEL »

Hi Rick , I think I have read all the Mega Manuals backwords and forwards :RTFM: befor I decded to ask for some help. I just tried bumping up my Req. Fuel from 16 to 20 and the eng. is running a little better. (been running on 16 for some time when it was MS 2.9) I need to get a new Wide band O2 befor I can do any VE tunning. I have 2 questions that maybe you could answer for me . #1 Is it unusual that my old fuel & VE would need to be retuned when upgrading to MS2/Extra? #2 The VE table in MS2/extra is using "fuel load %" instad of Manifold KPa . , are they the same thing? or do I need to change this?
i tried right clicking on it ,with no results. Thanks for your time,regards , Noel
NOEL
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by NOEL »

Im going to close this topic out and reopen it now that I have got my laptop at home where I can attach the msq , and data logs and a better discription of my problem. Thanks Noel