Low-Imp. Injectors on MS3X?

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Low-Imp. Injectors on MS3X?

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Peter Florance wrote:I did some quick testing with Low Z injector and 3.3 ohm resistor, using the accelerometer pcb that I brought to 2008 megameeting
At lower voltages, there's a big difference in opening times with and without resistor. At 13.2 volts it was difficult to see any difference. That may explain my customers cold starting issues if battery is not fully topped off.
Perhaps I will be able fix with battery correction voltage...

Note this tester does not yield actual dead time measurements but I thought it would be useful as a relative test.
I'll probably be stating the obvious here but if there isn't enough voltage for a reliable or consistent opening of the injectors, no amount of battery voltage correction will help. That is the advantage of the peak&hold driver which will always give the maximum voltage available from the battery for opening the injectors. And the advantage of the LM1949 current sensing circuit over the PWM fixed time period is that the peak is always only as long as it needs to be.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
NiceMan
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by NiceMan »

I run 2.5ohm injector whit 4.7ohm resistor in pairs and works nice and no cold problems...
https://www.facebook.com/PikkiS-112502032715453/
https://www.theniceman.com/coppermine/
Ford Taunus Coupe 1975 2.0i Turbo
Ms3 + MS3x in Taunus
MS3 Pro Ultimate in PikkiS
TerrenceLP
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by TerrenceLP »

Is the 8 Injector Peak and Hold Board ready for game time?

If not, any reason not to get the AEM 30-2710 10 Channel Peak & Hold Injector Driver box?

I'm on a 7M-GTE + MS3 + MS3x full sequential fuel & Spark off of a Toyota CPS, 24-1 dual wheel, HKS Denso 550cc Low-z injectors.

As I'm setting it up, I want to build a solid set up and my reason for the AEM is the lack of space left in the MS3 box.

any advice? :RTFM:
Peter Florance
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Peter Florance »

racingmini_mtl wrote:
Peter Florance wrote:I did some quick testing with Low Z injector and 3.3 ohm resistor, using the accelerometer pcb that I brought to 2008 megameeting
At lower voltages, there's a big difference in opening times with and without resistor. At 13.2 volts it was difficult to see any difference. That may explain my customers cold starting issues if battery is not fully topped off.
Perhaps I will be able fix with battery correction voltage...

Note this tester does not yield actual dead time measurements but I thought it would be useful as a relative test.
I'll probably be stating the obvious here but if there isn't enough voltage for a reliable or consistent opening of the injectors, no amount of battery voltage correction will help. That is the advantage of the peak&hold driver which will always give the maximum voltage available from the battery for opening the injectors. And the advantage of the LM1949 current sensing circuit over the PWM fixed time period is that the peak is always only as long as it needs to be.

Jean

I should have come back to this thread. What I posted is in fact not true; hard starting was due to some strange bug in fueling (req fuel in sequential) that seems to have been fixed in later releases.
The car starts fine now with a later beta than 1.0 release
Peter Florance
PF Tuning
81 BMW Euro 528i ESP Car
60-2 Wheel LS2 Coils, Low Z Inj
Co-Driver 1999 BMW E46 DSP car.