Knock Detection with variable sensitivity over RPM

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

bmw5002
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Knock Detection with variable sensitivity over RPM

Post by bmw5002 »

HOODEY wrote:Correct..
Ok, alot of questions here for you:

Ok, do you offer a version without the enclosure? Something I can fit into the MS3/X enclosure? Do you sell it in kit form for cheaper? Also, is this any sort of open source based? Or completely proprietary? And how do you handle updates to the firmware and the PC software? Are the updates included in the price?

Also out of curiosity, does this product look for an amplitude difference in the signal at the specified frequency, above the already established noise floor within the window? Or does it actually look for the characteristic signature of knock through an FFT, where the ping drifts in frequency a bit from beginning to end of the event, and shows up in other harmonics. Or is that really just overanalyzing a rather simple thing that is easy to reliably detect through the amplitude change?
HOODEY
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by HOODEY »

???
Last edited by HOODEY on Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Gadgets
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Mr Gadgets »

How many of knock guard lite units are in place and working? Any updates on this subject?
TurboRob
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by TurboRob »

HOODEY wrote:It ironic that you are gathering stuff from other people while you keep your stuff secret.

Your an idiot. Why would you go through and delete ALL your original posts? you've used every ones ideas/opinions and then gone back and deleted ALL your posts with any decent information in them. Your not adding to any community and should be banned.
420aRaf
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 420aRaf »

How do you try and sell something (and use msextra and other sites to market it) when you go back and delete most of your info posts? Buyers beware.
-Rafiel
esso
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by esso »

can anyone reupload the file knockcircuit.zip as i cant download it or at lease whats the latest board design
thanks
HOODEY
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by HOODEY »

Currently working on handheld programmer/ monitor for Knock Guard.
Uses a touch screen 4.3 inch tft display.

I have not been focusing on sales but on enhancing the product
to make it more desirable.

Will be able to monitor knock just like the pc gui and program the device just like the pc gui.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

I'm sorry but I would not trust someone who deletes his old posts to try and hide something. So i would not buy a product from this person nor would I recommend it to anyone no matter how attractive it seems to be. But that's my personal opinion.

I also don't think this is an acceptable behaviour on a forum.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
HOODEY
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by HOODEY »

Fair enough...

Here is the Human Interface. Software Development is almost completed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7dyAt2Y2KA
HOODEY
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by HOODEY »

Air Fuel now being include...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN_zMZbGtFs
a73camaro
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by a73camaro »

racingmini_mtl wrote:I'm sorry but I would not trust someone who deletes his old posts to try and hide something. So i would not buy a product from this person nor would I recommend it to anyone no matter how attractive it seems to be. But that's my personal opinion.

I also don't think this is an acceptable behaviour on a forum.

Jean
Agreed - seems like HOODEY can borrow from others but hide his efforts.
MSII v3.0, Extra 3.0.3s
hardtailer
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by hardtailer »

Mr Gadgets wrote:How many of knock guard lite units are in place and working? Any updates on this subject?
I have bought it (and probably quite some people bought it through ebay) but have not put it to the test yet as I have been rebuilding the engine it is supposed to monitor. The rebuild is not because of damaging it using Megasquirt or Knock Guard Lite for that matter, it was just a very tired engine.

Hope to pick up tuning the MS and start using the Knock Guard in October 2012.
Acki
Banned

Post by Acki »

Can't believe that this will work - when I see that nobody copies old solutions from a microplex or motronic - fail safe knock detection - I see dark for "simple" solutions.
gcharlier
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by gcharlier »

First of all i am very thankful to everyone on this forum. I have had 25000km of trouble free fun in my ms2extra wrx. Thanks very much to a73camero, 2milehi, Taiden and many others! Could not have done it without you.

I am looking for a solution to isolate 6.5KHz (i think i can hear and see knock on a spectrogram) vs all other noise thats 3.5-5.5kHz.
Acki
Banned

Post by Acki »

Use a mode higher - is easier to detect the knocking. ;)
shaved240
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by shaved240 »

so I was skimming this thread and noticed a lot of drama, and a lot of technical terms that I didn't really understand. Anyhow I actually have one of this knock detector things that I bought a looong time ago, and just reading through this thread i noticed it was the one you guys are talking about.

So is this knock detection thing from viatrack.com worth hooking up to my megasquirt? Does it work ok? I got the knock detection this for $15 bucks off of a member from a Volvo forum.
maximuscr31
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by maximuscr31 »

This thread has nothing to do with viatrack.com which is a health care website. These haven't been out for very long. There are other knock detection solutions out there but this isn't the one your referring to
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

He was meaning viatrack.ca but yes that is a different device. This topic is about HOODEY's mysterious device that suffers from history re-writing with post editing and deletion.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
HOODEY
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by HOODEY »

PC human interface and demonstration of response to Air Fuel Change

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n45F-NENpGc
HOODEY
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by HOODEY »

I am looking for a solution to isolate 6.5KHz (i think i can hear and see knock on a spectrogram) vs all other noise thats 3.5-5.5kHz.

I believe my circuit can meet your needs. I need some persons to prove the product in the live environment.
This should easily zero in on the 6.5khz and alert you when detonation occurs. Lets try this first before exploring all the extra functionality.

Images of work done by customer who I am assisting in mega squirt integration.

Customer orderd board only but was able to install it in a nice case with lovely connectors.
Current issues were communication issues with the PC. I believe this was due to an indirect address pointer which I
have subsequently corrected. I would really love to squeeze the wideband controller in there as well.