Request: MAT Input Port option

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Speedy_G
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Request: MAT Input Port option

Post by Speedy_G »

Would it be possible to add a port-option for the MAT input in a future firmware release ?

Because at the moment its always MS DB20 - MAT.

But i want to transmit the MAT value via CAN-Bus, but there is no option to select a port. So its "hardcoded".
Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Request: MAT Input Port option

Post by Reverant »

Actually, it would be GREAT if all the hardcoded inputs could be configurable. Fried your TPS input by accident for example? Use any other available analog input (even CAN).
The man behind MS Labs
2005 Audi A3 2.0L TFSI DSG AWD - Extreme MS3
2002 Mazda Miata 1.8 6sp - Enhanced MS3 1.4.0, sequential injection, sequential ignition, big turbo, lots of boost
Speedy_G
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Speedy_G »

yes that would be even better !
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

I'll likely add this in the future, but do you have any suggestions on how to prevent newbies from screwing it up and getting even more confused?

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
Speedy_G
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Speedy_G »

maybe some kind of warning message in TunerStudio, which pops up, when you select something non-standard for the so far hardcoded inputs.
Dont know if this is possible.
Reverant
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Reverant »

Just assign them by default to "clt in", "Iat in", etc.

Make sure that the first option for CLT input is " CLT In", the first option for IAT input port is "IAT In", etc.

So when people update the firmware, the default will be the correct one.
The man behind MS Labs
2005 Audi A3 2.0L TFSI DSG AWD - Extreme MS3
2002 Mazda Miata 1.8 6sp - Enhanced MS3 1.4.0, sequential injection, sequential ignition, big turbo, lots of boost
juansh2385
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by juansh2385 »

I think this would be a great Idea. For newby I recomend using a mode select option or something in tuner studio that when selected it configure the basic mode that configure the intput in standar/traditional output and grey out the manual advance options, and advance option that let you configure it manually.
Speedy_G
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Speedy_G »

juansh2385 wrote:I think this would be a great Idea. For newby I recomend using a mode select option or something in tuner studio that when selected it configure the basic mode that configure the intput in standar/traditional output and grey out the manual advance options, and advance option that let you configure it manually.

thats even a better idea than mine.
So standard mode and advanced mode for the ports.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

We used to have that in MS2/Extra but it ended up causing more confusion than good.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
juansh2385
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by juansh2385 »

jsmcortina wrote:We used to have that in MS2/Extra but it ended up causing more confusion than good.

James

James I remember the option in ms2. but what i mean is not exactly the same. what I propose is something like the close loop option right now. A new page for calibrating inputs and in that page a basic/advance select option just like the the boost control option that in basic mode use a preconfigure values and in advance it let you change the standar basic configuration.
fj1289
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fj1289 »

jsmcortina wrote:I'll likely add this in the future, but do you have any suggestions on how to prevent newbies from screwing it up and getting even more confused?

James
Would it be possible to utilize a "standard" menu and an "advanced" menu? Or even a different Tuner Studio Advanced version?
Dennis_Zx7r
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Dennis_Zx7r »

jsmcortina wrote:I'll likely add this in the future, but do you have any suggestions on how to prevent newbies from screwing it up and getting even more confused?
It already is this way for other important sensors like MAP, MAF or lambda/EGO. I think it may even be more consistent if checking/selecting sensor inputs on a new build was standard procedure for all sensors, not just for some.
As already suggested, using the standard inputs as defaults should ensure backwards compatibility.
My project: Link
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

I like the Can idea and the novice/advanced user setting (like in the tools menu at the very top.)
BootlegTuned
theturbodog
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by theturbodog »

Something to ask ourselves here is what inputs aren't configurable now days. MAT and CLT are the only ones I can think of off hand that don't permit re-assignment, even the EGO input is assignable to a different function these days. I think we've gotten far enough down the road into MS development that pretty much even a simple factory style Chevy TBI setup needs a dozen or more decisions on inputs and outputs(though many are default values) for it to work. I also think the real-time port use pages in Tuner Studio go a long way toward helping understand what is wired up to what functions.

I made a similar feature request http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 25&t=65654 to make MAT selection based on fueling strategy so that the correct sensor(if you have multiples) is used for MAF and speed density so you can blend the two strategies together without MAT errors.