Tunerstudio not recognizing AFR reading

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

deanhupalo
MS/Extra Newbie

Tunerstudio not recognizing AFR reading

Post by deanhupalo »

i got my car started for the first time with ms3pro but tunerstudio says my AFR readings are 10.2 all the way across my datalog. I get no variation from that number unless i change req. fuel and then it changes. It started at 7.8 but i have managed to bring the cranking fuel down enough to consistently start the engine and now it idles. but alas, no AFR reading. my Autometer wideband gauge works. I unlocked calibrations and selected Autometer 0-4V under AFR calibrations. AM i missing something? Thanks in advance.
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Tunerstudio not recognizing AFR reading

Post by LT401Vette »

After selecting Autometer 0-4V, I assume you are clicking "Write to Controller"?

But, even if the wrong calibration is in it, it should be reading something if the O2 volts are changing.

Switch one gauge to Exhaust Gas 1. to do so:
Right click on a gauge, select AFR/EGO Inputs --> Exhaust Gas Oxygen 1 - egoV1Gauge

That should not read a stagnant value while running.

Then go right to the source, check the incoming voltage to O2 input wire. Is that reading a reasonable input signal?
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
deanhupalo
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by deanhupalo »

Yes I clicked "write to controller" an even backed out and checked it again a few times to make sure the autometer selection stayed put.

I will check the exhaust gas gauge reading and let you know what happens.
I will also check the o2 input signal wire. thanks
deanhupalo
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by deanhupalo »

The EGOv1 gauge read .17 and did not vary. My AFR is still at 10.2 and i tested the voltage on the analog output from the wideband at the o2 input pin on the ecu harness and the wire is getting .17 with key off, and goes up to .73 while cranking. I would think that the gauge would also go up to the .73. Could there be any setting that would disrupt this circuit? The pin is clean and crimped nice on the wire, and is fully inserted into the harness, so i am sure the ECU is receiving the signal. The wideband signal ground is also spliced into my ecu signal ground pin.

on a side note, my computer restarted and must have updated something, because now when i try to open my project in TunerStudio, it says "Unexpected error occured loading project." but does not give me the prompt to view any error log. Then I click OK and it stays grayed out while the "loading tune" window is up, which it just freezes at. I can load any other project except the one ive got my tune saved on.
deanhupalo
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by deanhupalo »

problem solved. The signal wire had come out from the harness on the gauge. works perfectly now. thanks.