PCB v3.0 mods

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

panel
Master MS/Extra'er

PCB v3.0 mods

Post by panel »

If I was to use this mod to add a fan....how do you get the wire to the DB37 connector?

This is one example of what you can do, in this example I used the JS3 output from the MS-I CPU as the input into this circuit (telling it when to switch on/off) and the output routes to Jmp SPR1 which sends the signal out to the DB37 on pin3 which is a pretty good choice since on the v3 it’s not used for anything else. You’d then use pin3 on the DB37 to control your relay which controls your electronic doodad of choice — electronic fan.
Or if I used this boost mod....

Same here: Image
'65 VW Bus with a Subaru EJ20 Turbo conversion , Air to water I/C , LS coils , 14Point7 Spartan 2 & Solid Air Fuel Ratio 52mm gauge.
MS2 Extra V3.0 board
hybrid
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: PCB v3.0 mods

Post by hybrid »

There's SPR1-4 near the DB37. Which of these are available depends if you're using the canbus or what other mods may have already been done.
Do not load someone elses tune and expect it to work for you!
panel
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by panel »

Just about to build 2 fan circuits and one boost control. SPR1 (CANH) and SPR2(CANL) taken from step 23 (pg.193) of http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/MS2V30_Hardware-3.4.pdf
'65 VW Bus with a Subaru EJ20 Turbo conversion , Air to water I/C , LS coils , 14Point7 Spartan 2 & Solid Air Fuel Ratio 52mm gauge.
MS2 Extra V3.0 board
hybrid
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by hybrid »

Are you actually using CAN?
Do not load someone elses tune and expect it to work for you!
boofhead
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by boofhead »

Just install an extra DB15 into the case and use that as the feed for external IO.
Alternatively install an audio jack for Can usage and then you have spr1-4 for upto 4 I/O lines.
panel
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by panel »

PM sent.
hybrid wrote:Are you actually using CAN?
MS2 Extra V3.0 board