Fan start temp.

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

107merc
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Fan start temp.

Post by 107merc »

Programming my I/O pins (JS11) for fan control and was wondering what would be a
good starting temp to set?? Should I a add a secondary parameter like RPM at idle ??
Thanks.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Fan start temp.

Post by slow_hemi6 »

I like to kick them on about 10 to 15C above the engines coolant thermostat's opening temp and turn them off at the thermostat open temp. You usually find the more heat tolerant an engine is, the higher the temperature of the standard coolant thermostat. When the thermostat opens, this is where the manufacturers consider the engine to be at the start of normal operating temp. Normal driving, I also switch my fans off over 2500rpm so they don't come on when I need my power. Works ok because anything over 50 to 60kph I have the airflow through the radiator to not need the fans. Vss is the better second parameter but I don't have it. Keep in mind if you like doing burnouts, you don't want to turn off the fans and I have a manual override for for those occasions.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
107merc
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Fan start temp.

Post by 107merc »

Thank you.