Knock detection kits

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

babydonthurtme
MS/Extra Newbie

Knock detection kits

Post by babydonthurtme »

Hey Guys!

Just want to ask, is anybody of you had expirience of using knock detection headphones? For example http://www.phormula.com/KnockAnalyserPro.aspx or something like that? Is it work right, is it helpful at all?
I would be very grateful for the advice, if you can say what kind of stuff you using when need to build spark angle table. May be conrcete url adresses or knock detection kits names.

Thanks and hope you understand my english :)
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Knock detection kits

Post by Matt Cramer »

We use that exact same box in our own shop for cars we suspect may be on the edge of detonation at maximum power.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
babydonthurtme
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by babydonthurtme »

You use it with KS-4 knock analyzer or just headphones and amplyfier?

When car is running you can hear clean engine knock sounds, no matter how loud exhaust system work?
FerFuentealba
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by FerFuentealba »

babydonthurtme wrote:You use it with KS-4 knock analyzer or just headphones and amplyfier?

When car is running you can hear clean engine knock sounds, no matter how loud exhaust system work?
Im going to use amplifier and headphones. I suppose that using good headphones you will not have problem

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Headphones and amplifier. We're able to hear it over some pretty wild open exhaust cars with Phormula's headphones.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
babydonthurtme
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by babydonthurtme »

Matt Cramer wrote:Headphones and amplifier. We're able to hear it over some pretty wild open exhaust cars with Phormula's headphones.
Kits like Phormula or Gizzmo Kmon for now have price about 600-650 USD and it consist of amplifier, headphones and knock sensor. But if you byu this stuff separatly or hand made kit like in Ebay in link, price would be 160 USD. I was talking with guy, who selling this and he said that he using same kit and everything work great, dont know true or not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/knock-detection ... nk&vxp=mtr

So, please, can enybody explane the difference between this two kits and what the main reason to overpay for brand kit. I mean, may be, in brand kits all parts are colibrated between themselves exactly for engines knock detection or something

Thanks