Conversion from a carburetor to fuel injection

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

EmmaArcher
MS/Extra Newbie

Conversion from a carburetor to fuel injection

Post by EmmaArcher »

Hello to everyone!

A person from another forum advised me to post my question here. They said, ' you might check on the Mega Squirt forum they are a open source DIY fuel injection group and some of their members pass emissions testing. http://megasquirt.info/'.

My chopper has an Ultima 127 c.i. engine (copy of HD EVO), and I’d like to convert it from a carburetor to fuel injection. Ultima adviced me to buy Daytona twin tec #17400 and said that I need to contact a company HPI and they will have a manifold that will work on their engines along with Daytona twin tec parts. They also have to do extra machining to the case for the fuel injections. This all is needed for my chopper to comply with EURO-4 exhaust thresholds.
Could you please tell me if someone has already met such a problem with injector installation? S&S have a completed engine with injector, but it complies with EURO-3 only and can’t be used/sold in EU, and their prices are thrice as high as Ultima’s.

Thank you a lot in advance!
EspeNS
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Conversion from a carburetor to fuel injection

Post by EspeNS »

Megasquirt is not roadlegal on polution controlled vehicles in most countries.
Depending on where you live, europe somwhere?, a TÜV cyclic test may be required to prove emissions.
-84 Ford Sierra 2,0ohc GL, soon to be MS'd, NA tuned with rallyecam and TBI.
-98 Mustang Cobra, track car.
EmmaArcher
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by EmmaArcher »

Could you tell me in what countries is Megasquirt roadlegal on polution controlled vehicles?

Thank you for the answer!
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

If your vehicle is road legal on carbs, there's not going to be a problem matching or bettering those emissions with MS.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.