Megalog Viewer HD Manual / Instructions / Resource.

Questions specific to Megalogviewer

Moderator: LT401Vette

DaveBridges
MS/Extra Newbie

Megalog Viewer HD Manual / Instructions / Resource.

Post by DaveBridges »

Hi, I have just fitted a microsquirt in a fuel only install on a two stroke motorcycle and have just purchased Tuner Studio MS & Megalog viewer HD. I am creating my logs using Shadow Dash on a tablet. I cannot seem to find any type of manual or instructions for the software?

I have been given a base setting from a kind guy in Germany who has the same engine as my bike running a Microsquirt. As I said its a fuel only set up using Alpha_n.

This is my first attempt at fuel injection and would really like a better understanding of the options and good basic procedure for tuning. I am really struggling so would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the direction of any manuals / instructions etc.

Many Thanks

Dave
Last edited by DaveBridges on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Megalog Viewer HD Manual / Instructions / Resource.

Post by slow_hemi6 »

IN the top bar/header for the forums you will see a link "Manuals" They are all there for the various product. Check out "Setting up" and "Tuner Studio"
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

I found that a two stroke has almost no usable MAP signal. I went to MAF to tune mine.

I may be able to help you with MLV HD. What part is hanging you up?

Andy
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

What are you doing for a wideband?

:msq:

Andy
DaveBridges
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by DaveBridges »

Thanks for your help and hemi I have found and read that information and was hoping for a some type of manual for the MLV HD that explained what all the menu options did and some kind of basic how to tune. I have read every bit of information I can find and now my head is spinning...lol.

Andy, You are right about the MAP signal, it is almost non existent. The throttle bodies I used came from a Yamaha R6 5SL as the conversion had been done and documented a few times. My install was slightly different as the two examples I followed were on a Yamaha Banshee quad and a later version RD350. My bike has the engine from the later model in an earlier frame which made it slightly more difficult as there was a little less room. I had to synchronise the bodies with a drill bit as the vacuum signal was so weak my gauges didnt register it.

If I try and put down exactly what I have then you will have a better understanding. I have a microsquirt running the latest version of extra 3.4.2 R20160421 and have two innovate LC-2's, one in each exhaust. Although I am not sure the datalog is correct as they have permanently identical readings in the log I get from shadow dash.

:msq:
2017-06-07_19.13.16.msq
I have tried to attach an MSL but it says the attachment is too large. Is there a way to reduce the size?

I would like to be able to have a basic understanding of the logs and good practice is adjusting the fuelling.

Sorry if ive rambled and missed something

This is my bike
IMG_2878.JPG
IMG_2879.JPG
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

Try zipping it up and then you may need to change the name from *.zip to *.ZIP.TXT
DaveBridges
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by DaveBridges »

log.zip
I think Ive done it?
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

Dave, I have not seen your tune but you should be fine with Alpha-N tuning of fuel and spark. Regarding instructions for MLVHD, there really aren't any. The issue the program is it will work with so many ECUs all with different names for the same thing, it gets really confusing.

See http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 34&t=65200 for lots of examples of things you can do.

Short answer is on a motor like yours, I tend to go to scatter plots first looking for 13 AFR everywhere to start. Once the motor runs good everywhere and then start leaning out the mid-range to get better gas mileage.

Figuring out what the timing should look like on a Alpha N setup for a two stroke may be tough to find or figure out without a dyno.

Hope this helps a little.

Andy
DaveBridges
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by DaveBridges »

Thanks for that Andy,

Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by "Figuring out what the timing should look like on a Alpha N setup for a two stroke may be tough to find"? Are you referring to the injection pint?

Is there a post you could point me towards that explains the tuning procedure for the scatter graphs? I have spent hours mooching round the posts and reading but could really do with a basic tuning 101 guide.

Regards
Dave
DaveBridges
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by DaveBridges »

Cheers Andy I will give that a read.

Dave