Introducing RealDash

For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Introducing RealDash

Post by janimm »

Want to have RealDash user interface on your native language? The localization support is coming in next update.

Previously we have used professional translation services, but with RealDash we feel that only gearheads are able to translate it correctly.

Do you want to help us to translate RealDash into your native language? Send me a private message, or email to contact@napko.fi. We will reward finished translation with a RealDash premium package, containing full version and all current premium dashboards. We may even throw some upcoming premium dashboards into bunch too :). But before throwing yourself into this, please be prepared that translation is not a small task, and will take quite a bit of your time.

Hungarian, Turkish, Czech and French are already in progress and will be included in next release.
Last edited by janimm on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

RosslandToy wrote:This might have been covered.. Does this work with a MS1 or just the MS2/3?

The app reconizes the ecu with a USB connection, but does not actually read any readings. I think I might be missing a step in the set up.. Any guides for set up?
Check the following:
- Serial baud rate is set to 9600
- You are using latest extra code
- Try imporing your ini file from connection settings. We have been using ini file 'ms1-extra029y4a.ini' for testing.
benckj
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by benckj »

After several failed attempts to download RealDash onto my new head unit I gave up and paid for another subscription to Shadowdash. Kept getting a message that my device was not compatible or supported by RD. Using Adroid 5.1.1

Jim
Toyota MR2 98 3sgte
MSPNP2 with 3.57 mainboard
Innovate WB O2 & soon to be external GM 3 bar MAP
FTDI USB interface on SD Android 5.1 head unit
TD05SL2-18g with external WG
HKS EBC running 17psi boost.
A2W IC with WI 50/50 meth/water
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

Sorry to hear that you have had problems. There are some fixes for Google Play "Device not compatible" problem if you still want to google around. You can also get some more information about why your device is listed as incompatible by going to play store with desktop web browser.

I can try to help you with this issue. Send me email to contact@napko.fi. And if you feel that you are done tweaking with it I completely understand.
benckj
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by benckj »

I need to play around with it some more. I'm not really up to speed with Droid and Google play apps as we use iPhones through work. Thank you for the offer and I will be in touch once I complete some homework.

Jim
Toyota MR2 98 3sgte
MSPNP2 with 3.57 mainboard
Innovate WB O2 & soon to be external GM 3 bar MAP
FTDI USB interface on SD Android 5.1 head unit
TD05SL2-18g with external WG
HKS EBC running 17psi boost.
A2W IC with WI 50/50 meth/water
acedeuce802
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by acedeuce802 »

Are there any differences in stability or speed between the Android and Windows 10 version? I have a dual boot Android/Win10 tablet and am trying to decide between which OS to use before buying the full version on one of them. Win10 would be nice because I can switch to TunerStudio quickly for tuning, but if there's any real advantage to the Android OS, then it's just a few minutes to reboot to the other OS.
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

Good question. There "should" not be any difference, but in real life Android has been more robust in long running bluetooth connections. There are also some features that are not available in Windows version, mainly the automatic boot on charger events and "Currently Playing" feature. Also the upcoming Live Data Streaming feature will come for Android first.

Usually apps run somewhat slower on Windows (on otherwise comparable devices), but that is not always true. Keeping Windows graphics drivers up to date helps, but not many people do that since they are not included in normal Windows updates.

Since you can run/try RealDash without paying first you should try how each works for you. And full version activation for both platforms won't break a bank :D
roolis
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by roolis »

Hello guys,i have connected RealDash app to my friends Supra MS2 via bluetooth with no problem,i am using same MS2,but cant get it working,i set everything in setup wizard,but when dash comes up,it writes GPS is not available at this moment and the its trying to connect to bluetooth adapter several times with no luch,just writing "connecting to megasquirt",any help?i am using Samsung Tab2 for dash with 4.0.1 firmware
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

roolis wrote:Hello guys,i have connected RealDash app to my friends Supra MS2 via bluetooth with no problem,i am using same MS2,but cant get it working,i set everything in setup wizard,but when dash comes up,it writes GPS is not available at this moment and the its trying to connect to bluetooth adapter several times with no luch,just writing "connecting to megasquirt",any help?i am using Samsung Tab2 for dash with 4.0.1 firmware
I assume you mean your Android tablet OS version is 4.0.1 (not to confuse it to Megasquirt firmware version). That may be the problem, since RealDash is officially supported from Android API level 16 onwards (4.1.x). If you like, you can use the "Serial debugging" feature and send the log file to us for analysis. For instructions, see our FAQ at http://www.realdash.net/faq.html. Search for "debug" word on FAQ page.

Also, you may want to try importing your Megasquirt ini-file into connection settings. When correct ini file is imported, RealDash uses different (faster) communication with Megasquirt.
JoseMiguel
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by JoseMiguel »

Hello

First of all, thanks for an excellent piece of software. I have been using RealDash on many Android devices and I think it is just great.

I saw on your facebook page the new "pole position" premium dash which I think is great for our racecars. I have never downloaded a premium dash before. When I try to "unlock" it, I get a message saying that "Store services are unavailable"

Why is this?

Currently running on OnePlus 3T with latest OxygenOS revision based on Android 7.1.1
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

JoseMiguel wrote:Hello

First of all, thanks for an excellent piece of software. I have been using RealDash on many Android devices and I think it is just great.

I saw on your facebook page the new "pole position" premium dash which I think is great for our racecars. I have never downloaded a premium dash before. When I try to "unlock" it, I get a message saying that "Store services are unavailable"

Why is this?

Currently running on OnePlus 3T with latest OxygenOS revision based on Android 7.1.1
For whatever reason RealDash cannot connect with Google Play services. please try the following:

* Go to your device Settings->Apps and look for two apps: "Google Play Services" and "Google Play Store"
* For each of those apps select "Storage->Clear Data" and "Clear Cache"
* Open Google Play Store app and seach for RealDash.
* The open RealDash and try unlocking the dashboard again.

Hope this helps.
JoseMiguel
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by JoseMiguel »

Yeap, worked perfectly and I got the dash :)

ThanksImage

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

Great. Enjoy! This new dashboard is my current favorite too 8)
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

We just released RealDash version 1.2.4. The unfortunate bug that prevented the 'ECU Specific' input values from working is now fixed. We also published our new promo video:

https://youtu.be/9th1FSEi1LY

and then just for fun:
https://youtu.be/6HmErFXNnL8

Let me know if you have any suggestions to make RealDash better.
MADGOperformance
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by MADGOperformance »

hi i have real dash by purshase versión i need help to conect a megasquirt 2 in a ipad or ios device i buy a perfect tuning wifi adapter but i cant to conect me
i thik with the problema is a ini file but i mdont undertand i from costa rica
thanks
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

Hi,

I hope I remember correctly, but check that your connection settings in RealDash are:

IP Address: 192.168.11.254
IP Port: 8080

You should be able to connect to your Megasquirt without ini file, but then you have only a basic set of values available and in some cases temperature values are showing incorrectly. First, lets try to make the connection, then I will help you on how to import the ini file into RealDash connection settings.
Nigep
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Nigep »

Another very happy user. :yeah!:

I used MSDroid for ages but sadly development seems to have stalled. :( Then I used Shadowdash which worked well but a friend recommended I try RealDash.

Not only does it look great but the gear calculation alone makes it worth buying for my application. Previously I used to have to manually add the selected gear to my videos, RD uses RPM, speed, Gear ratios and Tyre rolling circumference to calculate the gear and it works almost all of the time, wheelspin can cause it to flicker into the lower gear but that`s an incredibly minor thing and I just manually change that value.

The developers reply within minutes to queries about setting up the app or to assist troubleshooting. :)

Highly recommended.

MS2 using Bluetooth LDPerformance dongle.
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

Nigep wrote:Another very happy user. :yeah!:
Thank you! I use Megasquirt on my 'Cuda, which we also use to promote RealDash:

https://youtu.be/9th1FSEi1LY

I also actively use MSDroid since it offers tuning capabilities on tablet which is very handy, especially since we have no plans to add tuning capabilities into RealDash. And ShadowDash is also a very good and well made product. Its great that we Megasquirt users have options to choose from.
edgedj
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by edgedj »

This is amazing, gear selection, odometer, custom inputs. I'm replacing my manual dial kit car dashboard with a single Samsung Galaxy tablet embedded in the dash where the gauges used to be. Will post pictures when done. great to see the feature that does auto app start when the power is cycled. This combined with the removal of the startup screen means it's instant on.

One quick question, are there any tips to getting the bluetooth serial connection up and running quicker. The app launches in 2-3 seconds but the serial port seems to take maybe 10-15 seconds to get discovered.

Thanks
Dave
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

edgedj wrote:are there any tips to getting the bluetooth serial connection up and running quicker.
I just measured that our 'Cuda makes connection in 6-7 seconds, so it seems that in your case the first connection attempt is a "miss", and connection is made in second attempt.

If you have time, please create a serial debug log so I can analyse the connection steps:

- Go to Settings->Application->Debug Settings and enable debug logging feature.
- Go back to dashboard, and exit RealDash completely
- Start RealDash and wait until connection is made and engine data is updated in dashboard.
- Go back to Debug Settings, and use 'Send to developers' button. The debug log is uploaded to our server.

Send me a message after you have uploaded the log, and I will take a look.