4r70w microsquirt V3 help

'Microsquirt' Transmission Control development and support.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

lwarrior1016
Helpful MS/Extra'er

4r70w microsquirt V3 help

Post by lwarrior1016 »

Alright, so Ill start off by apologizing for the complete newbie questions but I am still fresh to all this. Ive got a 98 Mustang gt running with MS3x. The engine has been running for a while, about 2300 miles, and I just recently got a microsquirt V3 to control a 4r70w transmission. Right now, my transmission will not shift and I do not know where to start. Ive got the transmission wired per the microsquirt manual. I am using an analogue mlps and have it wired per the manual with only 4 wires going to it.

My first question is, how do I know the voltage inputs for the gear position values in TS?

Ive got my base settings set with 4r70w analog, tps load input, built in ratios, and sensor info coming across the CANbus.

Where do I need to go from here? I really appreciate and help you guys could pass my way. If anyone has a 4r70w msq file I could look at, that may be the easiest way for me to get this figured out.

edit: How do I post an msq file attachment? I figure you guys will want to see it, to know what Im doing but I do not know how to post it.
lwarrior1016
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: 4r70w microsquirt V3 help

Post by lwarrior1016 »

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... ilit=4r70w

Ive been reading this thread over and over. I realize now that I had it set to 4r70w analogue and should have had it set to 4r70w switch. I changed this and when I am in park the selected gear show -5 then reverse is -1 and drive goes to 2. Trans temp is not reading correctly either.
lwarrior1016
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by lwarrior1016 »

Also, Ive got the "hardware in use" set to Microsquirt V3. I have changed it to Microsquirt because it says that is the default. It made changes to what the range selected said but I do not remember them.
Raymond_B
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Raymond_B »

You'll get the most help by posting your MSQs. Just use the upload attachment tab when making a new post.
1995 Ford Lightning. Dart based 427 Windsor, Novi 2000, full sequential, E-85, etc. MS3X/v3.57
http://www.buildpics.org/
lwarrior1016
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by lwarrior1016 »

Raymond_B wrote:You'll get the most help by posting your MSQs. Just use the upload attachment tab when making a new post.

Thanks man, I'll get it loaded tomorrow morning when I'm back at my laptop. I didn't know how to do it but I'll try tomorrow.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

lwarrior1016 wrote:Also, Ive got the "hardware in use" set to Microsquirt V3. I have changed it to Microsquirt because it says that is the default.
As you have a Microsquirt V3, you must use the "Microsquirt V3" setting.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
lwarrior1016
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by lwarrior1016 »

jsmcortina wrote:
lwarrior1016 wrote:Also, Ive got the "hardware in use" set to Microsquirt V3. I have changed it to Microsquirt because it says that is the default.
As you have a Microsquirt V3, you must use the "Microsquirt V3" setting.

James

No problem. I have that switched back right now. Do you have any place for me to start with the selected range issue?
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

are you sure of the mlps you have, what year/ model did the trans come from.
i am currently running a 2008 4r75 without issue.
lwarrior1016
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by lwarrior1016 »

ashford wrote:are you sure of the mlps you have, what year/ model did the trans come from.

The mlps is from a 98 model. My parts guy (I do Allison transmissions for a living) lists the mlps for 97 and up. I could grab a newer one and try it.
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

lwarrior1016 wrote:
ashford wrote:are you sure of the mlps you have, what year/ model did the trans come from.

The mlps is from a 98 model. My parts guy (I do Allison transmissions for a living) lists the mlps for 97 and up. I could grab a newer one and try it.

if your mlps is 97 up it is digital.
lwarrior1016
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by lwarrior1016 »

I attempted to attach the msq file so you guys can look at it and see if there is anything obvious that I have done wrong.
lwarrior1016
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by lwarrior1016 »

Alright well I think I got most of it figured out. I loaded the 1.0.2 beta firmware and all of a sudden, the range sensor started reading correctly (I believe). It still wouldn't shift, I had to change the vas pickup to counts per mile so the vehicle speed would read. I now have it shifting first and second. So it looks like I am just tuning away from getting it all shifting well.
pcf_mark
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by pcf_mark »

Not sure if it helps but I attached my msq to my post "4R70W clunk" if thay helps you get your base tune going. Mine shifts early and smooth and locks / unlocks the converter.
lwarrior1016
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by lwarrior1016 »

pcf_mark wrote:Not sure if it helps but I attached my msq to my post "4R70W clunk" if thay helps you get your base tune going. Mine shifts early and smooth and locks / unlocks the converter.
I forgot to update this but after I got the 1.0.2 beta loaded, I was able to get it to shift all the gears and into lockup. I still have to do some tuning to get it right. I am definitely going to check out your thread and look at your file. It might help me get my tune squared away. I really appreciate the post in here!