Tuner needed in Phoenix AZ

Post here if you are seeking local tuner assistance

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

AlanJ
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Tuner needed in Phoenix AZ

Post by AlanJ »

Need a tuner in Phoenix AZ. Tuner shop or individual.
92 Dakota Work in progress (ms3x)
jsdevel
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Tuner needed in Phoenix AZ

Post by jsdevel »

Did you find one?
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

I'm in tucson. If your stuff can make the trip I can bend on it for you. Meet you half way.
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
jsdevel
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsdevel »

I recently got in touch with Tim at http://xactdyno.com/. Really friendly guy and amazing reviews on google. I plan on going to see him once I have my configurations the way I want them. He's down in Tempe which is pretty much Phoenix.
dumb and dumber
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by dumb and dumber »

Hey did you get your car over to Tim? How did that go?
jsdevel
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsdevel »

Haven't gone to see Tim yet. A friend of a friend owned a dyno and let me do a few runs at friend prices, and that went pretty well. Learned that: I should've kept the overdrive solenoid installed on my car to keep the tranny in 3rd (1:1), let your AFR controller warm up before making some pulls, let your car idle a bit after you've gone to redline so it can cool faster, have logging fields set appropriately (on my case rpm fuel load and AFR). My ignition map was way off, but he helped me fix my AFR tables. I was spewing fuel past 5000 RPM. Ended up using this calculator to get my ignition table set afterwards and that made a HUGE difference in engine smoothness.
dumb and dumber
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by dumb and dumber »

I have been to Tim's a few times. His shop is not very impressive, but don't let that fool you he is a bright guy. Not very familiar with megasquirt. Good with LS, but more connected to the ricer world. Conservative will not hurt your stuff, also will not win any dyno wars.