MS3 V3.0 board Q16 and R43 install?

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

2dubtech
MS/Extra Newbie

MS3 V3.0 board Q16 and R43 install?

Post by 2dubtech »

Assembling an MS3 board V3.0 I am trying to figure out if I need the Q16 driver or not. The assembly instructions state

“R43 is intended to allow coil current to be measured if you are using the Q16 high current coil driver. Unless you have access to an oscilloscope and plan on performing this test you won’t need it. Either install R43 or link it out”

I am planning on running the 4 way logic coil (commonly found on Volkswagen vehicles part number 06a905097).

Since I do not plan on using an oscilloscope or performing this test....should I install Q16 and R43 or just R43? Or should I just leave out Q16 and R43 all together and run a jumper wire across where R43 goes?

Thank you in advance, tried looking through the search with no definitive answer. Having a hard time figuring this out.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3 V3.0 board Q16 and R43 install?

Post by billr »

Unless you need the two spaces on the heat-sink for something else, put both of those in. It keeps the board completely "standard" for possible future applications.
2dubtech
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: MS3 V3.0 board Q16 and R43 install?

Post by 2dubtech »

Excellent, thank you. Will do.