idle air controler pintle manual adjustment

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

flatbill
Helpful MS/Extra'er

idle air controler pintle manual adjustment

Post by flatbill »

I have had an MSII running a TBI on my '56 Desoto motor and am now working on getting an MSIII system with port injection, sequential fuel and spark. I now have a 4 bbl throttle body that uses the O ring 2 mounting screw 4 wire IAC. I bought a new IAC. Now I find that the pintle is extended too far to install it in the throttle body. I suppose it is possible to manually retract the pintle. I have tried rotating the pintle tip but I am leery of turning it very hard. It does not rotate freely. How much force is needed and in which direction to retract the pintle? Thanks. Billk
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: idle air controler pintle manual adjustment

Post by billr »

There is no easy way to manually retract those pintles. Your best bet is to connect the IAC and use "test mode" to move it. I have been able to move pintles in by wiggling them around in a circular motion, like stirring a drink straw, while pushing in gently. They do not just screw in, don't try to force it. In fact, it should not rotate at all.
Samurai1
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: idle air controler pintle manual adjustment

Post by Samurai1 »

Hello everyone I am having a problem with my new start up, and I am new to MS. I just converted my vehicle over to MS2 with crank trigger and a throttle body with IAC valve. In cold loop it will rev up now and then even while driving. If I am sitting still or have just shifted gears and just stabbed the throttle it will increase RPM and slowly come back down. Can anyone send me in the right direction, for adjustment. Like I said I am all new to this. Thanks