Gauge type request, Real time XY plots

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

devojet
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Gauge type request, Real time XY plots

Post by devojet »

I am looking at the possibilty of using a GPIO/MS2/Microsquirt (not sure of the actual hardware yet) for data aquasition for a Dyno. Between the hardware, firmware and tunerstudio I have just about everything I need except for XY plot graphing. ie RPM on the x axis and power, torque etc on the Y axis.

My idea would be to have a gauge type simular to the current histogram gauge except have user definable x and y axies and maybe mutiple y axies. It would also be good to have user defined trigger input to start and stop the graph ie TPS<90%. That way you could do an acceleration run then stop and review the graph.

I think this would also be useful for street tuning by adding torque and HP calcs to the ini file (simular to Megalogviewer) or even adding an accelerometer to a spare input. I actually had this idea for street tuning before I was involved with a dyno.

The XY plot could also be used for finding MBT by plotting advance angle on the x axis and torque on the y axis.

Cheers,

Daniel.
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
Twin turbo LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Gauge type request, Real time XY plots

Post by LT401Vette »

A scatter plot gauge, I like it and it should be pretty easy to add.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
devojet
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by devojet »

That will be great if you can add a scatter plot gauge. :D

Thanks

Daniel.
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
Twin turbo LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
24c
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 24c »

Now a graphing facility so that you can choose X & Y or formulate values would be excellent. As I'm helping to build an inertial dyno at the moment, the idea of using the MicroSquirt or Microsquirt Module as a datalogger and combining it with TS intrigues me. It would make for a really interesting and comparative visual tool.
Yamaha GTS1000 v2 MicroSquirt, B&G 2.891
Yamaha GTS1000 v3 beta MicroSquirt, B&G3.760
Yamaha GTS1000 MSExtra 3.1, Dual VR Board
Yamaha YZF1000 MSExtra 3.1
Dmfelmlee
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Dmfelmlee »

Hello all,

I am trying to use the Microsquirt V3 as a water break dyno controller. I am also looking for a good "add X-Y" graph to use for my dyno screen. It would also be nice to add a graph for torque over timing advance to find MBT. Did a "add graph" function ever get put in?
I'm using MS version 3.4.2 and am looking in the "Tuning & Dyno Views" and "Graphing & Logging" tabs.

Thanks in advance!
Dmfelmlee
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Dmfelmlee »

I forgot to mention that I found a line graph, under "Tuning & Dyno Views" Tab, in Designer mode, Right click>Dashboard Designer>Gauge Style>Line Graph. But I can't seem to edit the x axis. I am using a custom channel for torque that I made.