Introducing RealDash

For discussion of other tuning and logging softwares

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

edgedj
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Introducing RealDash

Post by edgedj »

Thanks for the speedy response. It might just be that I'm not firing it up in the right sequence, I'm seeing what it'll be like in the dash and plugging the charger in by hand in parallel with the key. I think in a real world where it's a relay that fires with the key it might be there after the bluetooth adaptor is back up and sending data so might not miss like you say.
Suprazz
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Suprazz »

I didnt find a way to display generic sensor inputs? Is it hidden or it's missing?
Best looking and most advanced CAN-bus gauge
Toyota Supra 7MGE, 7M-GTE and 1JZ-GTE Plug and play ECUs: http://www.perfecttuning.net
Serial to Bluetooth or Serial to WiFi
DIYAutotune Canadian, EFI Source and ECUMaster reseller!
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

If ini file is imported, they should appear in "ECU Specific" category. Drop me an email if there is any problems. I'm just about to release 1.2.9.
edgedj
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by edgedj »

One observation would be that RealDash appears to me to be compelling and robust enough to deserve its own category on this forum. It's a bit hard searching for information when everyone is diligently posting information under 'Introducing RealDash'. I think it's grown up enough for a dedicated section?
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

edgedj wrote:One observation would be that RealDash appears to me to be compelling and robust enough to deserve its own category on this forum. It's a bit hard searching for information when everyone is diligently posting information under 'Introducing RealDash'. I think it's grown up enough for a dedicated section?
Agreed.

Tested and bought it tonight, very easy to set up or modify an existing dash, and connects and resumes with absolutely no shenanigans on my Samsung Galaxy S8 via BlueTooth, may try it via USB/serial, hoping I can still use BT audio at same time.

Makes me want to install a large tablet for a dash.

Trevors been off the forums since June, so I hope you reconsider adding the ability to tune to RealDash.
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
edgedj
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by edgedj »

piledriver wrote:[Makes me want to install a large tablet for a dash.
My thoughts exactly, I've had this Aluminium 2mm plate laser CNC cut from a CAD drawing and not sure if you can see but the tablet sits in a recess above the stereo and the tablet will be the only instrument on the dashboard. Just four switches, one ignition switch and a stereo.
20171121_230818722_iOS.jpg
20171121_230818722_iOS.jpg (767.4 KiB) Viewed 13856 times
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

We have a Black Friday weekend sale for RealDash full version activation. 50% off from normal price.

http://facebook.com/realdashapp
http://instagram.com/realdashapp

If you have been thinking about getting a full version of RealDash, now is an excellent chance!
Nigep
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Nigep »

edgedj wrote:One observation would be that RealDash appears to me to be compelling and robust enough to deserve its own category on this forum. It's a bit hard searching for information when everyone is diligently posting information under 'Introducing RealDash'. I think it's grown up enough for a dedicated section?
Agreed !
Buelliholic
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Buelliholic »

+1
Suprazz
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Suprazz »

I'm trying to connect a Microsquirt controller with RealDash. It's connecting but reporting wrong values. Any suggestions. I loaded the Trans.ini file and there is nothing more in ECU specific
Best looking and most advanced CAN-bus gauge
Toyota Supra 7MGE, 7M-GTE and 1JZ-GTE Plug and play ECUs: http://www.perfecttuning.net
Serial to Bluetooth or Serial to WiFi
DIYAutotune Canadian, EFI Source and ECUMaster reseller!
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

Suprazz wrote:I'm trying to connect a Microsquirt controller with RealDash. It's connecting but reporting wrong values. Any suggestions. I loaded the Trans.ini file and there is nothing more in ECU specific
trans.ini...?
maybe you need to point it at maincontroller.ini? (for the ECU, not the trans controller)
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

We have never tested the Microsquirt with transmission controller firmware. Right now we do not have test setup to develop against.
sgilbert1967
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by sgilbert1967 »

When I try to connect RealDash to a MS3 ultimate ECU it connects via the EFI Anaylitics Bluetooth adapter and will showetrics then disconnect and reconnect on a cycle every 15 to 20 seconds....this is on multiple Android phones and the main windows 10 laptop I use for Shadow Tuner none of which ever exhibit a disconnect issue....I've purchased some layouts and would really like to play with it some but it's unusable like this....
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

janimm wrote:We have never tested the Microsquirt with transmission controller firmware. Right now we do not have test setup to develop against.
It can run on a regular MS2 also.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

sgilbert1967 wrote:When I try to connect RealDash to a MS3 ultimate ECU it connects via the EFI Anaylitics Bluetooth adapter and will showetrics then disconnect and reconnect on a cycle every 15 to 20 seconds....this is on multiple Android phones and the main windows 10 laptop I use for Shadow Tuner none of which ever exhibit a disconnect issue....I've purchased some layouts and would really like to play with it some but it's unusable like this....
I think we exchanged emails about this. Anybody else having connectivity issues, it would be very helpful if you could send us the debug log of the problem occurring:

1. Go to Settings->Application->Debug Settings and enable debug logging feature.
2. Go back to dashboard, and try to catch to problem while logging is active.
3. Go back to Debug Settings, check that your debug log size is at least 5kb. If it is less, go back to step 2. Restart RealDash if necessary to catch connection attempt.
4. Use 'Send to developers' button.

The debug log is uploaded to our server and we can investigate the reason of connection problems. Debug logging can now be disabled.

Please send us an email/msg when you have uploaded the debug log file. Since log files do not include any personal information, please note date and time of the log to help us find the correct log file.
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

jsmcortina wrote:It can run on a regular MS2 also.James
Is there a way to use stimulator with transmission firmware to bench test the setup?
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

janimm wrote:
jsmcortina wrote:It can run on a regular MS2 also.James
Is there a way to use stimulator with transmission firmware to bench test the setup?
Some functions work as-is, others would need custom wiring.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
sgilbert1967
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by sgilbert1967 »

I did send a log with it disconnecting and reconnecting...
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

sgilbert1967 wrote:When I try to connect RealDash to a MS3 ultimate ECU it connects via the EFI Anaylitics Bluetooth adapter and will showetrics then disconnect and reconnect on a cycle every 15 to 20 seconds....this is on multiple Android phones and the main windows 10 laptop I use for Shadow Tuner none of which ever exhibit a disconnect issue....I've purchased some layouts and would really like to play with it some but it's unusable like this....
The logs you sent were very helpful. I sent you an email. There is a pre-release available that may help in your case. Let me know its of any improvement.
janimm
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by janimm »

RealDash 1.3.7 is now out for Android (Windows and iOS will follow).

Megasquirt 'over-run' error code was not handled properly and caused disconnect-connect sequence on RealDash. Fixed now.