Anyone else running a VW 1.8t on MS3Pro?

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Paul_VR6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Anyone else running a VW 1.8t on MS3Pro?

Post by Paul_VR6 »

I agree that doing some troubleshooting with it set to waste cop and single missing on the crank would help id if its a crank or cam signal issue.

If its a oem bosch crank sensor 10k at the sensor connector has always worked well.
-Paul
1992 Corrado SLC 3.6 VR6 11.38@120 - MS3 Pro Ultimate - Microsquirt I/O - Can EGT - Racepak IQ3s
kptuned.com - Megasquirting the World! Megasquirt Sales, Service, Tuning and More!
wndrllama103
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by wndrllama103 »

vw_chuck wrote:No I have not put a hall Effect on a 1.8t but I have run that hall effect on multiple other engines. The last one I put on an engine it took me around a day to make all the brackets to mount it on an engine that never had a trigger wheel from the factory so it should not take much time to put a hall effect on yours.
I finally found some time to switch over from the factory Bosch VR sensor to the threaded hall sensor from diyautotune. It worked from the get go with the internal stock 60-2 wheel.

I'm sure I have some other issue with my setup. Maybe its a grounding issue? I could have sworn that I read somewhere "ground everything besides the sensor ground to the block", yet the other night I found some documentation that this is "less than ideal", and that all the ecu grounds should be grounded directly to the battery negative.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for your help; vw_chuck especially. I never would have thought of switching out to a hall sensor (even if it is a band-aid for a different problem).
I would have done this months ago if I would have thought about this.
vw_chuck
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by vw_chuck »

Glad it worked. I wouldn't run anything else especially on anything that revs high.