Ignitor for High revving engines

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Ignitor for High revving engines

Postby FOXX » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:33 am

Hi guys, I bought the 0 227 100 211 Bosch module to control my V-twin motorbike engine.
My plan is to run sequential with MAP sensor, but I may have to run wasted COP sometimes.
That engine revs up to 10k Rpm and more (depends of the exhaust and intake geometries and the track I am running in) and I am wondering if that module can work well up to that rotation speed (datasheet talks about 8000 rpm max rotation).
Anyone is using that module on sportsbike or hi revving engines in general? Did you have any problem?
I will mount it with a cooling plate and I will use only two channels instead of 4.

Here is the datasheet.
http://www.bosch-motorsport.de/media/ca ... 099pdf.pdf

Thank you for reply! 8)
FOXX
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Ignitor for High revving engines

Postby Dennis_Zx7r » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:54 am

I actually run one of these for over a year now, and for nearly a year used wasted spark. My engine revs up to 13000Rpm, so in wasted spark this equals 26000rpm in sequential (Oops). Well, for what it's worth, it's working great so far and I didn't know the spec sheet had a rev limit that low. My coils and dwell settings give a maximum current of 6A. Bolted it to a big aluminium plate with thermal paste though, so cooling should be a little better than with the standard heat sink.
Last edited by Dennis_Zx7r on Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
My build (german, page 5+): Link
Dennis_Zx7r
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Postby FOXX » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:02 am

Dennis_Zx7r wrote:I actually run one of these for over a year now, and for nearly a year used wasted spark. My engine revs up to 13000Rpm, so in wasted spark this equals 26000rpm in sequential (Oops). Well, for what it's worth, it's working great so far and I didn't know the spec sheet had a rev limit that low. Bolted it to a big aluminium plate with thermal paste though, so cooling should be a little better than with the standard heat sink.

GREAT thank you!
FOXX
MS/Extra Newbie

Postby grom_e30 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:58 pm

yeah i have used the bosch 211 up to 14,500rpm in wasted spark on my bike and seemed fine
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Return to General, New users, Purchasing