No RPM signal after install possible wrong firmware.

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Nnobile
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: No RPM signal after install possible wrong firmware.

Post by Nnobile »

IMG_5447.jpg
IMG_5447.jpg (87.82 KiB) Viewed 370 times

this is the old serial signature it needed to open the tune
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

once you have downloaded the ini file from the server it will be saved on the computer so should only need to download it the once. the tune gives a good bit of info like wasted spark, additional drivers for injection running semi sequential fuel. 840 cc/min injectors

but you will need to know the calibration data for the air temp sensor. as a basic test if the engine has not run that day the air and water temp sensors normally read within a few degrees of each other.

the tune should transfer across of i just opened it in a microsquirt module project just fine
Attachments
m30.3.4.2.msq
(115.98 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
Nnobile
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Nnobile »

Tune transfered over and car started right up the other night! Didnt let it run for too long but everything seemed good. Was finally off today so started it up outside and let it get up to operating temp. Car started bogging and running rough seemed to be very rich once it was warming up. At 180 degreees it looks like wue (warmup enrichment) was still active. Car then wouldnt stay running unless i had throttle open a bit keeping it at about 1000rpms or more. Im in upstate ny very cold temps right now also i bought this setup in memphis tn where it never saw cold air like this ether. Tried adjusting the afr’s a bit along with wue at idle but didnt seem to help much. Could air temp sensor be affecting this if not calibrated correctly? Will post log also
Nnobile
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Nnobile »

car wont stay running while hot.msl
(190.07 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

prob need to open the idle valve up a bit more. i found my m20 engine held a much more stable idle at 800-850rpm

edit i also found i could cut the fuel down a lot sooner i was at 100% wue by about 120F as well
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
Nnobile
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Nnobile »

Hmm will try to open idle valve a bit more tommrow and see if that changes anything. The wue looks to be at 100% through most of the warmup. The afrs were set for 14.7- low 15s at idle but gauge was showing 11.8-12.5 maybe idle valve not opened enough?
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

12.5-13.5 afr for idle should be good thats what i aimed for on my car
Nnobile
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Nnobile »

Update :adjusted warmup duty cycle of the idle control valve to 40-45 at 155-160 dgrees vs 35% also lowere ve fuel table at idle by a few leaned it out and car stays running while hot now. Car isnt heating up past 180 degrees and wue is highlighted green so does that mean its still in warm up mode and car isnt going to closed loop settings possibly? Took it for ride down street didnt open it uo much but car still seemed to be bogging a bit as if mixture isnt right upon accel. Once again it has never ran in cold temps like this ether
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

yeah its the warmup duty cycle you want to adjust. drag the points up or down to get you where you want to be during idle.

100% wue is fully warmed up ie no extra enrichment being added. the stock thermostat on my m20 is fully open at 180f like i said before i found i normally reach 100% wue at about 120f
Nnobile
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Nnobile »

Car is now idling a lot better when hot thermostat seems to be opening as should also. Went for longer test drive today, the bogging dead end i feel the car hitting is boost creep. At about 4k rpms its at 15lbs wastegate fully dumped open and hitting almost 20lbs if i try to push it anymore but car is just rev limiting there. Gona make sure my boost control settings are correct and gona read up a bit on making sure base timing is correct. Will make a new post on the forums being im pretty far off the original topic now if i continue to get held up but happy the car is atleast running now. Thanks so much for the help along the way man!