an early MS1 question

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

opelman
MS/Extra Newbie

an early MS1 question

Post by opelman »

hi,
I have an old, early MS1 ecu that I bought back in 2006, thats been sitting in my garage until I came to use it for my modified normally aspirated 1988 Opel Manta this year.
I have Tunerstudio MS and after hooking them together, Tunerstudio required that I update the MS1's firmware from 026-what it came with; in attempting to do this I get: "place boot jumper or short boot resistor". during the process.
on opening the unit I cant identify where these components are, and looking online didnt help. can someone send me a photo of where these are located on the circuit board please?
also,
if I wanted to replace my MS1 with the MS2 or MS3, are the pin-outs the same on the D connector; to do a straight swap of the ecu? considering the age of my MS1, should I be upgrading? I just want my modified car to run properly in terms of fuelling, as the standard Bosch GM cant be remapped.
cheers
Danny
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: an early MS1 question

Post by DaveEFI »

The boot jumper is a two pin header situated half way down the board, between the top LED and processor. If the header pins haven't been fitted, there should be a printed rectangular box on the PCB round them, and marked boot.

As regards the DB 37 connections, the manuals linked to from the top of this page give details.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.