New from East TN

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

pdexta
MS/Extra Newbie

New from East TN

Post by pdexta »

I just wanted to introduce myself, Scott from Knoxville TN. I've been an occasional visitor to the site for probably 15 years and it appears I signed up a while back but never posted. Until now, all my megasquirt experience has been with Miata's where there's been overwhelming amounts of application specific information. I just purchased a 2001 S2000 and since I can't leave anything alone it wasn't long before I realized how terrible the tuning options for them were. I was able to convince MSLabs to build me a MS3 and as I'm just getting into tuning it I realized I don't have my online miata friends to hold my hand anymore.

Unfortunately I'm a pure-bred accountant; good with numbers, bad with people, and completely ignorant to the world of electronics. But...I love anything that goes faster than it was intended to go and if I can find one of you electronic types to explain basic concepts like I'm a 5 year old, then I'm usually competent enough to follow basic direction... I guess I'm mostly just be here for research, and I'll try not too cry for help too much. :D

I REALLY love that everyone here seems to be so welcoming to data/information sharing. I attached my tune, but all my logs were too big. If anyone is bored and wants to dig though it feel free (in my defense the tune is far from finished). The S2000 guys generally seem to think people can steal power from you if you let anyone else see your tune. I honestly think they're all 'nading motors over crappy stock tunes and boltons. My car was going mid 15:1 afr through the midrange with a headerback and a tune, but nobody seemed interested in hearing about it so I wished them well and headed over here.
4.12.21.msq
(261.18 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

Car:
Red 2001 S2000 143k miles (nice enough to drive to work, but not nice enough I feel bad about ruining it)
MS3x
K&N Fipk Intake
Megan Resonated Testpipe
Yonaka single exhaust w/ Helmholtz resonator
Advan RS3 17x10s
BC coilovers
K-Tuned control arms
and way bigger dreams than money!
2001 S2000 : MSLabs MS3x
erikmagallon
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: New from East TN