Ego control authority

This is a forum for discussing the development and testing of alpha MS2/Extra code. Documentation
(Runs on MS2 and Microsquirt)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

radics1
Master MS/Extra'er

Ego control authority

Post by radics1 »

Hello,

is it possible to add to the ego control authority min and max values like in MS3? Many widebands give low or high voltage output during an error. This would mean normally richening or leaning the mixture by the set authority%. If setting in TS is not possible,can it be hardcoded somehow?

Thank you in advance!
Audi A8 1.8T AEB, Paralel ecu for A/C,MS2 V3 on 2.1.0 Code,Boost,launch,Fuel&spark,etc..
Fiat X1/9 1.6 turbo MS2 extra V3
Hungary,Lake Balaton
robs
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Ego control authority

Post by robs »

You have the "Controller auth +/-" setting which sets a symmetrical limit to EGO adjustment. I haven't done anything with MS3, but it sounds like you get to set different limits for leaner and richer. Wouldn't setting a 5% authority, whether up or down, be near enough?

A quick look in the code: it detects when the WB's ADC unit is returning unlikely values (very near 0V or 5V) and sets a flag. As far as I could see the flag affects nothing. Probably pretty easy to make it disable EGO feedback when this flag is set. Source code isn't available for newer releases though.

Have fun,

Rob.
combatsapph
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Ego control authority

Post by combatsapph »

If think he means if the sensor goes bad and reads max lean or max rich then don't apply any correction at all.

OP: If that's what you mean, I don't think that's possible in MS2. Although as robs said, if you have set reasonable authority limits (say 10%) then 5% richer or 5% leaner wont harm anything in the event of a sensor failure.