ejs262
Experienced MS/Extra'er

BUG-DBW engine states

Post by ejs262 »

MS3 Pro Ultimate 1.5.2 FW
DBWx2 throttle controller
LS4 throttle body (8 wire)
2006 monte carlo APP

as I drive my car, I can see the WOT engine state set regularly at well below the threshold set in the engine states window, in the screenshot below you can see 15% throttle triggering WOT.

I'm not currently using the WOT state as a trigger for anything, but I'm also not the only one who has seen this
TexasJeepLJ wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:00 am Got an issue...

Can get the controller to go into Closed Loop idle. What am I missing......

Of note; on the VSS page; as soon as i touch the throttle, it shows WOT as soon as I tap the throttle. Not sure if that has anything to do with why I can't get it to enter Closed Loop.

Attached are the MSQ's for the BDWX2 and Megasquirt.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Rich
grom_e30 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:34 pm i just checked a log and am seeing exactly the same thing

I'm guessing this has something to do with idle control Max idle addition(%), but I'm really not sure, anyone have any insight?

other, less pertinent details

1985 Fiero
05 malibu 3500 V6 engine
cam, 6266 turbo, ported intakes, heads
5 speed manual
Attachments
2023-09-17_07.11.51.mlg
(86.47 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Fiero WOT issue.msq
(286.56 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Last edited by ejs262 on Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: DBW engine states

Post by grom_e30 »

i am seeing the same behaviour using a dbwx2 with a ms3 with ms3x card can supply logs if needed
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
jsiedlicki
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by jsiedlicki »

MS3pro, FW Pre 1.6 alpha 3, DBWx2

I was curious so I looked at my logs and I'm seeing this as well.
MS3-Pro 1st Gen | Honda K24 Supercharged
MS3/MS3X | SB Ford 347 stroker
ejs262
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by ejs262 »

bump?
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: BUG-DBW engine states

Post by grom_e30 »

Any of the developers got an idea on this one?
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
Coutsi
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Coutsi »

Same here, goes straight to WOT if I press throttle pedal.
1.5.2 and MS3Pro + DBWx2
Toyota Aristo JZS147
MS3Pro 2JZ-GTE 1127whp @ 2.7bar
ejs262
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by ejs262 »

Bump?
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

Could the Devs confirm is this is a bug or if its a settings problem?
ejs262
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by ejs262 »

grom_e30 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:23 pm Could the Devs confirm is this is a bug or if its a settings problem?
stuff like this is starting to make me think I might should look elsewhere for engine management solutions for my future projects. there's clearly something going on, multiple users have posted about it, and we can't get so much as a "we're looking into it".
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Is this still the case in the current RC code? I made some APP/TPS changes after 1.5.2 that may be related.

EDIT:
I think I see the issue. "app" and "tps" use different scalings internally 0.01 vs. 0.1 units.
As a workaround on the WOT setting, edit your mainController.ini file:

engine_state_tps_wot_thresh = scalar, S16, 572, "%", 0.1, 0, 80, 1000, 1

and multiply your WOT limit by 10.

This needs more thought to fix properly and that will need to be after 1.6 is released to avoid the risk of introducing new bugs at the last minute.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
Laminar
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Laminar »

I'm still running the MS3X in my first project car but I had to sell the MS3X I bought for my second when it became clear that it wasn't going to work and no one out there was going to support it.

You're not going to find a solution cheaper than Megasquirt. But if MS can't do what you need it to do, it doesn't matter how cheap it is. You can get an ECU with built-in DBW control (and cruise control!), built-in lambda controllers, software-selectable VR/Hall inputs (no jumpers! no pots!), built-in active or passive coil control (no igniters!), dual canbus, throttle blipping, flat shift with timed torque reintroduction, and on and on. If you add up an MS3X, plus the harnesses, plus a DBWX2, plus a couple of Spartan3s, you're not that far off of an all-in-one solution and you don't have to find places to mount and wire to six different modules.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

jsmcortina wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:18 am Is this still the case in the current RC code? I made some APP/TPS changes after 1.5.2 that may be related.

EDIT:
I think I see the issue. "app" and "tps" use different scalings internally 0.01 vs. 0.1 units.
As a workaround on the WOT setting, edit your mainController.ini file:

engine_state_tps_wot_thresh = scalar, S16, 572, "%", 0.1, 0, 80, 1000, 1

and multiply your WOT limit by 10.

This needs more thought to fix properly and that will need to be after 1.6 is released to avoid the risk of introducing new bugs at the last minute.

James
work around seems to work for me