TinyIOx speed sensor circuit and warning light output

A forum for discussing the MegaSquirt related (but non-B&G) board development, assembly, installation, and testing.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: TinyIOx speed sensor circuit and warning light output

Post by racingmini_mtl »

TheSilverBuick wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:28 pm Just to be 100% clear, no way to pull MAP from the ms3?
That would require new code. It may happen in the future but it's not trivial.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
TheSilverBuick
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by TheSilverBuick »

10-4. I appreciate the help!

Successfully got different data setting the addresses as you said! :yeah!:

"Hey, at least the Skylark proves that even a messy hack can patch together a reliable EFI system. I can't think of a time the MegaSquirt has left me stranded since installation ~100,000 miles ago."

Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015. - BB N/A - 1977 Skylark w/Buick 455 EFI and TKO-600!
TheSilverBuick
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by TheSilverBuick »

racingmini_mtl wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:40 pm As I have mentioned in a post above:
racingmini_mtl wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:53 pmFor an input speed signal, you can use the same as what you find int eh MS3 manual in section 3.4.14: http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/MS3 ... .5-40.html. Using Schottky diodes instead of the 1N4001 would be preferable due to the lower voltage drop.

You can use many different devices to control lights but if what you want to control has a current of less than 5A, using the common TIP122. Again the MS3 manual gives an example in section 3.5.7.
And section 3.5.6 gives you a circuit for driving a relay which is the same as for controlling a light except it uses a smaller transistor (PN2222 instead of TIP122).
Hello Jean, I've got the ADC conditioning circuits put together and went to do the PWM output (water pump via PWM solid state relay) and still wasn't sure what circuit to build? The same as the relay circuit in section 3.5.7?

Thanks!
"Hey, at least the Skylark proves that even a messy hack can patch together a reliable EFI system. I can't think of a time the MegaSquirt has left me stranded since installation ~100,000 miles ago."

Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015. - BB N/A - 1977 Skylark w/Buick 455 EFI and TKO-600!
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Yes, the boost control circuit in section 3.5.7 is correct for a device that won't draw more than 5A. If you need more than that then you'll need to change the TIP122 for something else and you will also need to make sure that the ground you use can handle that as well as any wiring or circuit board you use.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
TheSilverBuick
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by TheSilverBuick »

Thanks Jean! It runs through a Jeep fan SSR that handles the higher amps, so its just a low load PWM signal to it.

racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Then you can use the circuit in section 3.5.6 with the PN2222A transistor which should be more than enough (assuming it won't draw more than 0.5-1A).

Jean
TheSilverBuick
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by TheSilverBuick »

Too many irons in the fire! I finished putting in the ADC circuits a while ago, and wanted to test them before putting in the relay/PWM circuits. Connected it all up to the JimStim with the "Spare" output pin. All 9 tested good. So on to the next circuits.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/byR6bkLCXho