Conditions for activating Generic PWM

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

DeniZka
MS/Extra Newbie

Conditions for activating Generic PWM

Post by DeniZka »

Hi all. I was faced with the task of organizing PWM activation only on the condition that I understand that this can be done using an additional relay and an On/Off output, but these are additional elements. Question for the developers: is it possible to programmatically add PWM activation conditions similar to programmable On/Off outputs?
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Conditions for activating Generic PWM

Post by prof315 »

I'm not a developer but you can use generic PWM for on/off functions. You set it in the frequency selection.
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!
TurboBob
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by TurboBob »

The Generic PWMs don't have an enabling condition, although this has been a feature request.

You might be able to use the boost control function as an 'enableable' PWM, or something like that, depending on your exact needs.

Bob
DeniZka
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by DeniZka »

TurboBob wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:22 pm The Generic PWMs don't have an enabling condition, although this has been a feature request.

You might be able to use the boost control function as an 'enableable' PWM, or something like that, depending on your exact needs.

Bob
Yes, excellent if the developers can add a PWM activation function under the conditions. Where can I send a proposal to improve MS3?