Adding 2 Injector drivers to Microsquirt

All questions about MS2/Microsquirt/Microsquirt module. See also MS2/Extra manuals

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mgcomp
MS/Extra Newbie

Adding 2 Injector drivers to Microsquirt

Post by mgcomp »

Hi friends,

I'm wondering to add 2 extra vnd to my Microsquirt V3 ECU, like the mod on the MS2 module, I can solder directly on pins 3 and 7 of the CPU to get the extra 2 output for the extra 2 vnd?

Anyone have tried this yet?

Please tell me.

Thanks!
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Adding 2 Injector drivers to Microsquirt

Post by racingmini_mtl »

I don't know where you got it that you needed to connect to pins 3 and 7 but on the cased Microsquirt and the Microsquirt module, the extra injector outputs are on PT6 and PT7 which are pins 9 and 10 on the CPU. Also, on the Microsquirt the ADC7 pin is connected to PT7 so you would need to cut that trace. These can easily go wrong if you're not used to doing things like that so it is not recommended.

I think someone wanted to offer this modification at one point but that did not happen. You will also need to find a space for the new drivers and an additional connector.

I don't want to be rude but if you were not able to tell which pins to use, I would question how wise it would be to attempt this.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
mgcomp
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by mgcomp »

Hi dear, thanks for your explanation.

I got it here http://jbperf.com/sequential/index.html in the schematic. Assuming that cpu of MS2 and Microsquirt is the same I thinked that this schematic is correct, but you sure know what you tell, so I trust you.

Can you explain if this mod is finally possible or not?

I have to do seq injection.... but I want to be able to test it on Microsquirt before buying an MS3.

Thanks!

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

The CPU is the same but not use exactly the same way so there are some differences in the pinout. I told you it is possible (if not recommended) and what is needed in the previous message. And you should use the correct schematics for the device you are using; they are available in the corresponding manuals linked at the top of the page.

Also note that you will need to use your Microsquirt with the Microsquirt module s19 (firmware) and ini files. Otherwise you won't be able to use the extra outputs.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
mgcomp
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by mgcomp »

Thanks for your reply,

According to microsquirt schematic the spareadc2 is connected either to pin 10 and the pin 34.

The question is: if I lift the pin 10 of the cpu I’ m not able to use spare adc2 for a digital output (because I want to control an injector) but I’m able to use spareadc2 as an analog input, correct?

Second, what pin can I use (cutting traces) to get the extra injector out without adding an extra connector? I think bootload pin, cause Is not important for me, and any suggestion for the second?

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

The "sequential mod" for additional injector outputs is not recommended on a Microsquirt and I'm not going to figure out how to damage a Microsquirt in process.
However, there's another show-stopper. I'm pretty sure that the Microsquirt firmware doesn't support it anyway.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
mgcomp
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by mgcomp »

jsmcortina wrote:The "sequential mod" for additional injector outputs is not recommended on a Microsquirt and I'm not going to figure out how to damage a Microsquirt in process.
However, there's another show-stopper. I'm pretty sure that the Microsquirt firmware doesn't support it anyway.

James
I DON'T WANT TO DAMAGE A MICROSQUIRT.

I want to do a little mod to add 2 injector output before spend some money to buy a MS3.

The Microsquirt was flashed with module firmware, that support 2 extra injector output.

Inviato dal mio VKY-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk